file Frage Spindle wobble

Mehr
09 Dez 2016 22:51 #40412 von MMorao
Spindle wobble wurde erstellt von MMorao
I have a SC600 I purchased in kit form which goes by the proud name of Clockwork Orange. If you saw the movie you'll understand my feelings. However I got it running straight and I'm quite happy now.

There's still a niggle I can't iron out. I had bought a dust extractor attachment, which comes with a plastic ring for the Kress spindle to clear the bolt holding the attachment. What happens is when I slip the spindle in place into its clamp I have to tighten the clamp bolt really tight otherwise the spindle will remain noticeably loose, with effect on the work quality.

I hate all this strong tightening as the clamp thread is aluminium, I'm sure this will become damaged soon. May I ask for any suggestions, please?

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Dez 2016 14:01 #40429 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf Spindle wobble
post pictures or a video of the issue, to try to help you.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
10 Dez 2016 15:50 #40437 von MMorao
MMorao antwortete auf Spindle wobble
Sorry, the camera decided to stop working but here's a scan from the assembly manual. See the bolt marked with a red arrow. Unless I tighten this bolt VERY hard, the spindle will be free to dance a bit back and forwards along axes X and Y. Just a millimeter or two, but enough to spoil the work. And if I tighten it really strongly, sooner or later the aluminium thread where the bolt goes will be damaged.

I have to take the spindle away every time I need to change cutter, as it is impossible to remove the spindle collet easily, so that thread is used quite often.

The only solution I can see for the time being is to accept things as they are and ream the thread away myself on the tool holder (part 3#), and then cut a slot to take a common nut to hold the bolt tightly in place, instead of having that thread fail at some point.

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
10 Dez 2016 18:16 - 10 Dez 2016 18:17 #40441 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Spindle wobble
Why not wrap some tape around the spindle mounting (dust extractor???) so that it just fits the hole in the bottom mounting plate. If you have any copper or aluminium foil self adhesive tape that would be best, but even sellotape or masking tape would help remove the need to strain to tighten the clamp bolt.

Ideally you need to solve the problem of holding the spindle whilst you undo the collet. Also try to find one of the special bolts with a handle attached - that makes life so much easier. I think they are called "screw adjustable handles" - I bought mine on ebay for a few pounds.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Letzte Änderung: 10 Dez 2016 18:17 von peterg1000. Grund: type correction
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: MMorao

Mehr
10 Dez 2016 22:07 #40455 von MMorao
Thanks, Peter, really I need to increase friction, a soft metal band might help do the trick, hadn't thought of that. In that line of thought perhaps it might be good to remove the paint from inside the tool holder ring.

For the Dremmel and Proxxon tools there is a separate adapter which appears to provide a longer "grip length" than this plain ring. It would be a good idea to provide an optional replacement for the bigger spindles, also considering these are heavier and more powerful than their smaller brothers.

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 10:19 #40469 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf Spindle wobble
Another solution can be to design and mill your own and personel spindle adapter as I did.

Adapter

I used what we call Multiplex wood and I used a bolt and a screw nut for clamping.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Mehr
11 Dez 2016 11:25 #40473 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Spindle wobble
In the meantime if you need more friction, use some 180 or 240 grit self adhesive abrasive paper instead of metal foil or whatever.

We call "multiplex wood" - "plywood". Marine ply would be ideal - its usually of good quality, and you can obviously build up to any thickness you might require.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
12 Dez 2016 10:53 #40526 von MMorao
Thank you both, Doc and Peter, marine ply is tough like heck and I can always cut a new one when (if!) this gets worn out.

In the meantime abrasive paper is a good quick fix.

This is the kind of of forums I love, plenty of good people ready to extend a hand :cheer: