file Frage Too Much Powdercoat?

Mehr
19 Dez 2016 19:38 #40933 von SFDeeJay
Too Much Powdercoat? wurde erstellt von SFDeeJay
Has anyone else had difficulty w/ parts #60 and 61 (Cable Connectors) snapping together on part #6 (X-Z Connector)? It appears (unsure) the powdercoat is too thick to allow both to snap tightly shut. The nylon cable covers are far away enough to not interfere. I don't mind doing a bit of sanding (quite a bit, in fact), but maybe someone else has a better solution. This humble newbie would be grateful for any help. Thanks.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: jed_3

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
20 Dez 2016 15:09 #40959 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Too Much Powdercoat?
I would think that very likely. There have been a number of posts about axes not moving freely lately where the problem has been attributed to too much powdercoat. When people have removed it from bearing seats and mounting screw holes they have had success.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay

Mehr
20 Dez 2016 18:11 #40963 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Too Much Powdercoat?
This could be a particular problem when mounting the X and Z stepper motors - if the motor axis is not in line with the lead-screw this could put excessive lateral load on the motor bearings. Early bearing failure is quite likely!!

Anyone building a machine should seriously consider carefully removing the powder coat from these and the other areas Doug has highlighted. I wonder if ordinary paint stripper could be used to clear unmasked areas without damaging the rest?

IMHO Stepcraft need to listen and act on this situation and mask the critical areas before coating!!

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay

Mehr
20 Dez 2016 20:21 #40974 von SFDeeJay
SFDeeJay antwortete auf Too Much Powdercoat?
Doug and PeterG: You guys have confirmed what I've been reading - that members are much more effective at helping one another than StepCraft staff. Bearing locations were not my concern (yet), but I will take your advice. Sounds like the thickness of washers may then have to be slightly increased. Thanks again for responding to my post.