file Frage Problem with temperature in all axes

Mehr
10 Okt 2017 18:32 #50704 von Caymanhf2
Problem with temperature in all axes wurde erstellt von Caymanhf2
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, although I have a stepcraft 840 for 1 year and a half.
I have a problem, when my local temperature drops by 20 °, the 3 axes suddenly stop at various travel locations. When I heat the screw near the nut with a hair dryer, the 3 axes work perfectly until it cools again. This happens to me especially in winter, in spring and summer the machine has worked perfectly.
Does something like this happen to someone? I think the problem is in the brass nut, and somehow the heat makes it work perfectly. I have removed and adjusted all axes several times and the problem persists.
I would be grateful for any help with this problem.
A greeting.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Okt 2017 19:12 #50707 von bvs
Hello Cayman
A Temp. Difference of 10 degrees is in brass for 2cm a difference of
0,003 millimeters.
This should not be the problem.
But some oils and grease don't really like the colder Temperatures.
I would propose to change the lube.
I have good results with Teflon spray.
Best regs.
Bruno

Mehr
11 Okt 2017 09:15 #50729 von Caymanhf2
Caymanhf2 antwortete auf Problem with temperature in all axes
Good morning and thanks Bruno for your quick response.
Regarding the lubricant, I use the original that came with the machine, but this weekend I will try the one that you advise me. I tried to clean the old lubricant and put a new one but it had not occurred to me to replace it with a different one.
I'll tell you how I'm doing with the new lubricant, okay?
Greetings and thanks again.
Alberto

Mehr
11 Okt 2017 11:10 #50732 von bvs
Ciao Alberto
The Stepcraft original lube is not a bad one...
Maybe your Machine has another Problem.

But i still think its worth trying the Teflon spray

I have no idea what else could be the problem.

Mehr
12 Okt 2017 09:57 #50763 von Ingolf
Ingolf antwortete auf Problem with temperature in all axes
Entschuldigt, wenn ich jetzt in Deutsch hier reinplatze, Englisch ist nicht meine Stärke.
Auch ich habe ähnliche Probleme.
Meine Stepcraft 2/600 steht in einer Einhausung auf dem Dachboden, dort habe ich genug Platz für Maschine und Material.
Bei sommerlichen Temperaturen um die 25 °C schnurrt die Maschine, wie sie soll.
Momentan habe ich 17 °C auf dem Boden, und das Problem geht los.
Bei normalen Geschwindigkeiten der Achsen alles io.
Nur in dem Moment, wo die Z-Achse von WZL-Sensor ziemlich hastig die 10mm nach oben fährt, gibt es Schrittverluste.
Ich werde jetzt einen kleinen (600W) Heizlüfter vor dem Fräsen in die Einhausung stellen, sollte schon helfen.
Besser wäre, die Geschwindigkeit der Z-Achse beim Hochfahren der 10mm zu reduzieren.
Ich benutze UCCNC, hat da jemand den Durchblick ???
Könnte in der M31.txt stehen, traue mich nur nicht, dort etwas zu ändern.

Grüße Ingo

Mehr
12 Okt 2017 16:08 #50772 von Caymanhf2
Tonight has lowered the temperature to 10 ° and as supposed the machine has failed. I think the cold affects the brass nut, I have heated the nuts of all axes with a hair dryer and they have worked perfectly. I have long ago made the brackets for the ball nuts I have seen on thingiverse and it is time to make the change to the ball nuts of eichenberger and check if this works, tomorrow I will ask the dealer in Spain, with the current brass nuts are all problems and an excessive backlash. I'm going to take a chance and try.

Mehr
10 Dez 2017 00:15 #51592 von bmartens
bmartens antwortete auf Problem with temperature in all axes
If the problem is temperature, what about putting a space heater in / around the stepcraft? If you're in a large room, you could try a radiant / infrared heater directed at the CNC machine.

Mehr
12 Dez 2017 12:55 #51617 von Caymanhf2
Hello, the problem of the temperature I have solved changing all the nuts by the new adjustable nuts of the black edition. It has given me a lot of work and time to completely disassemble the machine, but it has been worth it, besides the backlash is minimal. The only problem is that in the axis y, the working space has been reduced almost 10 cm each end, I can not adjust it more accurately. In addition to this I have removed the controller board (now it is out of the machine) and the inner trays and I have placed aluminum profiles to make a completely flat and stable base. Now I have the machine to my liking, I only need one thing that I hope to solve, remove the belt which gives many problems. Ideally, the belt should be replaced by 2 motors on the y-axis.
A greeting.

Mehr
12 Dez 2017 16:23 #51620 von Caymanhf2
Regarding placing 2 motors on the y-axis, does anyone know if it would be possible to connect 2 controller boards to the same usb port and one of the boards connected only to one of the 2 motors for the y-axis? I'm about to do the test. The price of a controller board and another motor is not excessive.