file Frage any users near new jersey

Mehr
24 Mär 2017 22:16 #45842 von abaypony
any users near new jersey wurde erstellt von abaypony
New user located in cherry hill nj and looking for help

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
25 Mär 2017 10:50 - 25 Mär 2017 10:50 #45846 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf any users near new jersey
Hi.

Users on this forum are helpful if you describe your problem accurately and, where applicable, illustrate with clear photographs. :cheer:

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 25 Mär 2017 10:50 von Doug.

Mehr
08 Mai 2017 22:24 #46995 von Elmer
Elmer antwortete auf any users near new jersey
HI i'm a new user from Staten Island
New to CNC and looking to make engravings in my woodworking; m other hobby :)

I purchased the Stepcraft 2 / 300 and Cut2D software. When trying to engrave the sample Stepcraft logo from the instructions manual, the machine did not look like it was matching the toolpatch on UCCNC. In fact the actual direction on the machine went beyond the Y axis limit.

I then attempted to make a simple initial "R" with Cut2D. I designed it in both inches and mm and saved several toolpath processors but all were not engraving correctly on Stepcraft with the UCCNC software.

Should I be using a certain toolpath processor? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Elmer

Stepcraft2/300
UCCNC
Cut2D + PhotoVcarve

Mehr
08 Mai 2017 23:26 #46999 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf any users near new jersey
Hi Elmer,

The recommended toolpath for Stepcraft with UCCNC is "Mach2/3 Arcs (mm) *.txt)".

Not sure about the other difficulties you are having as I don't know which toolpath you used. If you did use the correct one, then post your Cut2D " .crv" file and the assosiated " .txt" file so they can be reviewed.

I use Cut2d and have never known it to produce a rubbish Gcode file.

Regards,

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
11 Mai 2017 03:32 - 11 Mai 2017 03:56 #47085 von Elmer
Elmer antwortete auf any users near new jersey
Hi PeterG,

Thanks for your advice. I created a simple nameplate on Cut2D and attached .crv file along with the *txt using the toolpath Mach 2/3 arcs (mm). The engraving did not come out as what was designed. I'm wondering if I may be missing some configuration somewhere. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Elmer

Stepcraft2/300
UCCNC
Cut2D + PhotoVcarve

Dieser Beitrag enthält Anhänge.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 11 Mai 2017 03:56 von Elmer.

Mehr
11 Mai 2017 10:05 - 11 Mai 2017 10:07 #47088 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf any users near new jersey
Hi Elmer,

Loaded your .txt file into UCCNC 1.2029 and ran a simulation. File is perfect and executes in 1m 35secs.

I can only assume that the problem lies somewhere in the profile you are using. Make sure you are not accidentally using a default profile - there should be one configured for you specific machine.

From the UCCNC "RUN" screen select "CONFIGURATION" and "PROFILE", this will then display all the profiles available. Select the one that says something like "Stepcraft_420_2" (that happens to be mine). Your supplier should have included one appropriate to your machine - if he didn't, then give him a hard time!!

I've just remembered - under "Properties" on your UCCNC desktop icon check that there is something like

"C:\UCCNC\UCCNC.exe /p Stepcraft_SC420_2"

If the "/p etc" part is missing then the default profile is loaded. I fell into this trap early on too!!

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Letzte Änderung: 11 Mai 2017 10:07 von peterg1000. Grund: typo correction