file Frage Kress 800 and Stepcraft 600

Mehr
07 Apr 2015 22:06 - 07 Apr 2015 22:16 #18450 von heustec
Kress 800 and Stepcraft 600 wurde erstellt von heustec
Unfortunately my Proxxon died on me and I was left with the inevitable question of whether to simply replace or upgrade. The answer came after a few hours of research in the form of a Kress 800. A 800W beauty with a 8mm collet, thats nearly 10x the power of the Proxxon!!

Now the proxxon is fairly slim so I didn't consider the width of the kress being an issue, however it was! The Stepcraft V1 systems don't provide enough clearance for the beefy kress.

So a short description of the problem to Rory at Stoney CNC later and I start recieving the following images of a simple solution.

And behold my new Kress fits snug as a bug into my stepcraft and I am ready for testing! Will follow with more pictures and comments on how I feel the performance of the Kress is over the Proxxon over the coming weeks and also whether I think it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Thank you very much Rory for your hard work as seen below:
https://youtu.be/tLSx05YjFwk

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 07 Apr 2015 22:16 von heustec.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: manuelgrub

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
04 Jun 2015 01:37 #21866 von danowar
danowar antwortete auf Kress 800 and Stepcraft 600
I just did the same upgrade as you. I was using a dremel, and my Kress 800 came in today.

Thanks to your post, I was aware of the fit problem prior to ordering. I came up with a simpler solution, that I though I would share.

I removed the mounting plate and drilled 3 new holes 4mm offset to the rear from the original. Worked like a charm. I also had to remove 4mm on the "nub" on the side of the plate. The nude was crashing into the y-axis upright, causing the limit switch to never be depressed. I just used a grinding wheel to remove the little bit.

Mehr
06 Jun 2015 07:03 - 06 Jun 2015 07:05 #21937 von tikka
tikka antwortete auf Kress 800 and Stepcraft 600

heustec schrieb: Unfortunately my Proxxon died on me and I was left with the inevitable question of whether to simply replace or upgrade.

Any idea what happened? Motor burned, bearings? How many hours did you get out of it?

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2
Letzte Änderung: 06 Jun 2015 07:05 von tikka.

Mehr
01 Jul 2015 10:09 #22846 von heustec
heustec antwortete auf Kress 800 and Stepcraft 600
Smoked motor, must have been pushing it too hard!