file Frage Aluminum Edge Offeset Problem

Mehr
29 Nov 2017 22:30 - 29 Nov 2017 22:43 #51418 von Ivan2
Aluminum Edge Offeset Problem wurde erstellt von Ivan2
I'm milling out a heatsink out of 1060 and I'm having an issue with the Y-axis. There doesn't seem to be any alignment issues on the left edge of each fin, but for some reason the right edge is being offset slowly to the right after each layer. I attached a picture showing the part.

The cut was made to be a 90 degree Y axis raster so the gap cuts were small left to right movements on the Y axis with a 1/16" bit. The pocket cut that was done with a 1/8" bit before this did not have any issues. Anyone know what might be causing this?

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 29 Nov 2017 22:43 von Ivan2.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
30 Nov 2017 12:34 #51424 von Gael
Gael antwortete auf Aluminum Edge Offeset Problem
Hi!
It looks like that at each pass, you are skipping some steps and get shifted.
Have you already investigated in this direction?

Gaël

Mehr
30 Nov 2017 18:59 #51428 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Aluminum Edge Offeset Problem
Ivan,

have you checked if all set nuts on the axis are tight, at mine machine these started to loosen after 50/60 hr of milling.
This resulted in oval circles instead of nice round ones, looks similar to your problem.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
30 Nov 2017 20:09 #51429 von Ivan2
Ivan2 antwortete auf Aluminum Edge Offeset Problem
Hi guys, thanks for your responses. I don't believe it is an alignment issue because it is not a symmetrical issue. If the step got shifted then both edges of the fin should be cut wrong.

I'm starting to think it is a software issue. After I let the machining continue, the ramping stopped and milled straight down at the right dimension for the last 4mm. For some reason the gap between the fins were doubled for the first couple layers and then slowly ramped to the correct dimension for the last 4mm.

My Vectric software and UCCNC modeling shows the fins are cut at vertical walls, but that clearly did not happen in reality. I'm really at a loss on why this could be happening.

Mehr
30 Nov 2017 20:11 - 30 Nov 2017 20:12 #51430 von Ivan2
Ivan2 antwortete auf Aluminum Edge Offeset Problem
What type of investigating should I be doing?

I don't believe it is a hardware issue since the mill eventually gets to the right place. (As I explain in the post above)
Letzte Änderung: 30 Nov 2017 20:12 von Ivan2.

Mehr
30 Nov 2017 23:52 #51434 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Aluminum Edge Offeset Problem
Why not describe your problem to Vectric - software bugs are not that rare!!

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
01 Dez 2017 13:40 #51438 von Gael
Gael antwortete auf Aluminum Edge Offeset Problem
Hi Peter,

On the image you sent, the fins on the left row and on the front row look shifted on both sides.
Did your CAM software defined a tool path that would make the problem visible only on some specific rows of fins?

Gaël