file Frage StoneyCNC VFD Spindel and Auto Tool Changer

Mehr
29 Dez 2017 20:43 #51884 von ctweber01
StoneyCNC VFD Spindel and Auto Tool Changer wurde erstellt von ctweber01
Has anyone that own the VFD spindle tried to install an ATC system?

Will the one sold to fit the Kress (same head diameter of 43) mount to the Industrial Quality spindle?

Is that spindle available to buyers in the US?

Thanks!

Chris

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
14 Jan 2018 21:49 #52174 von Ollie78
I cannot help answer this but would certainly like to know if it would work. That would be the ultimate setup for a stepcraft system.
Ollie

Mehr
17 Jan 2018 20:18 #52225 von Cpt Wingnut
Cpt Wingnut antwortete auf StoneyCNC VFD Spindel and Auto Tool Changer
Hello,
I own a VFD spindle and I’m very impressed with its performance.
I haven’t owned either the Kress or Stepcraft spindle so I can’t give you a comparison.

Before I bought the VFD I asked Rory about using an ATC with it, here’s his reply.

"It’s not really a runner to just bolt an ATC module to a spindle. A spindle spinning at 24000rpm is very sensitive to runout. As soon as you have two parts machined separately coming together you run into issues long term with bearings. It’s much better to grind out the cone of the collet when its integral in the spindle design. Otherwise you have tolerance stack up. We only build manually changed collet spindles. Or automatically changed collet spindles".

Changing the collets/mills manually is a bit of a pain but I can live with it.