• kevinmanuel
  • kevinmanuels Avatar Autor
  • Benutzer ist gesperrt
  • Benutzer ist gesperrt
Mehr
05 Apr 2018 10:21 #53419 von kevinmanuel
MILLING CONTOUR LEAD-IN PROBLEMS wurde erstellt von kevinmanuel
HI,

I have lots of problems and gripes every time I try to use 2-d milling. I avoid it whenever possible because of these problems.Unfortunately, not every job can be cut with 3-d toolpaths.When I am forced into using the 2-d paths, one thing that really bothers me is the lead-in / lead-out section.
I often find myself trying to contour around tiny details that require very small lead-ins to avoid gouging the part.Whenever I do this I find myself wondering a couple things...
1. Why is TS Cam not smart enough to avoid gouging the part in 2-d milling ops ?
2. Why is the lead-in required to be so long ? It seems like the radius of the tool is the minimum allowed lead-in. What I really need is the ability to specify something like a .002 perpindicular lead-in on my contours.(just enough to turn on compensation)
Have I missed something or is TS Cam deficient in this function ?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-
forum.topsolid.com/viewtopic.php?t=187
Business video marketing agency

Thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
07 Apr 2018 12:02 #53431 von drilldevil
drilldevil antwortete auf MILLING CONTOUR LEAD-IN PROBLEMS
hi,

sorry but the crystal balls are just out of order ....

you don' t give us any information about used bits, cutting parameters, machined material, used cnc-software, machine,....
no pictures, no cnc-code( gcode).

Andreas

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.