file Frage Tracking Wrong

Mehr
18 Okt 2015 00:38 #26019 von J_Man
Tracking Wrong wurde erstellt von J_Man
I've been trying to set up the files for the Stepcraft and getting the machine to run correctly. I haven't ran the spindle since I can't get the tracking correct. I've been setting the z high so the spindle doesn't make any contact and it's also off.

I drew the lines roughly how the machine should be tracking. I have 2 items it is suppose ti cut out. Rather than moving to the first cut path, it just starts cutting as soon as it begins. The whole top item messes up completely. There are times it sounds like it gets hung up, but when jogging the coordinates there are no hang ups. Everything moves free. The "skipping" I think is just somehow misreading the coordinates set up in Cut 2D. The bottom cut paths seem to track closer to what it's suppose to.

Anyway, I uploaded a video to youtube to show what it's doing. Any help would be very appreciated! I've been trying to get this going for a couple weeks now.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
18 Okt 2015 10:21 - 18 Okt 2015 10:21 #26021 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf Tracking Wrong
It sounds like your Y axis is jogging. Did you adjust every axis as the manual indicates?

I would remove the floor and run the program again so you can see what's going on.

On my stepcraft 840, the wires were catching with some metal parts and that jogged my Y axis sometimes.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Letzte Änderung: 18 Okt 2015 10:21 von jvalencia.

Mehr
18 Okt 2015 10:25 #26022 von tikka
tikka antwortete auf Tracking Wrong

J_Man schrieb: ...
Rather than moving to the first cut path, it just starts cutting as soon as it begins.

Did you zero the machine coordinates according to work coordinates? Is that your first part, if yes I would try something smaller and simpler to test the machine at first.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Mehr
18 Okt 2015 10:30 #26023 von tikka
tikka antwortete auf Tracking Wrong

jvalencia schrieb: It sounds like your Y axis is jogging. Did you adjust every axis as the manual indicates?

I would remove the floor and run the program again so you can see what's going on.

On my stepcraft 840, the wires were catching with some metal parts and that jogged my Y axis sometimes.

Jogging? Do you mean jamming?

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Mehr
18 Okt 2015 11:53 #26029 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf Tracking Wrong

tikka schrieb:

jvalencia schrieb: It sounds like your Y axis is jogging. Did you adjust every axis as the manual indicates?

Jogging? Do you mean jamming?

lol, yes, bad english is bad.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
19 Okt 2015 03:25 #26051 von J_Man
J_Man antwortete auf Tracking Wrong
I did keep an eye on the cord on the bottom and wasn't seeing anything it was hanging up on. I did do the test piece and that worked fine. I can manually jog all axis without it hanging up on anything. It moves freely. I am zeroing out everything and placing the start up in the center. I think it's either Cut 2D is generating the code wrong, or UCCNC is reading it wrong. I'm saving the file as a Mach 2/3 Archs (mm).txt as suggested. It's something off. I might buy a bungee cord and attach inside the machine to help hold the wire parts like someone had shown a mod they did. That seems like a good idea.

Mehr
19 Okt 2015 18:50 #26080 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf Tracking Wrong
Your machine is getting stuck in Y-axis direction.

The first such thing happens at 00:33 where the machine tries to do fast movement from the end of first L to the start of next L cut. The machine should move both in X and Y in straight line, but Y-axis gets stuck and it continues only moving on X-axis. You can hear also that the sound of machine changes, and there is higher pitch noise coming from the motor when it tries to move, but cannot.

Next stuck location is at 00:54, where it moves from the end of L to the outside cut. Almost all of the Y-axis movement is skipped, thus the cut is in completely wrong place in Y-axis direction. Then again 02:01, 02:10-02:16, then during 02:21 it is happening even during the cut, so not only fast travels are getting stuck, i.e. the cut feed rate is fast enough to cause it. Then again 03:01 etc.

All the stucks seem to be in the Y-direction. You can test this also in UCCNC, by first homing the machine, and then typing following in the MDI:
G1 G53 Y10
G1 G53 Y800

The first will Y to 10 mm from the other end, and another moves it location 47 mm from the other end. Both of those should run with just one move, and while the machine is making sound it should be moving all the time. Note, that if the first command gets stuck, the second one might end up hitting the home switch and stop because of that. If that one works perfectly, mark the Y800 location and Y10 locations with tape on the railings, and run it few times to see if it ends up to exactly same location every time.

You can also try this manually in the UCCNC, by setting the jog speed to 100%, and then pressing up- and down-arrow keys to move the Y-axis around. It should be moving as long as you press the key, and if it stops while you have key pressed it got stuck. Releasing the key and pressing it again will make it work again. If it gets stuck on 100% speed, try 50% speed and so on. Find the speed where it does not get stuck.

For the workaround you can go to the UCCNC axis configuration and change the max speed in Y-axis direction from 3000 units/min to something that is still working (adding suitable safety cap, i.e. if it was working on 60% speed, but not with 70% speed, limit the speed to 50% by setting speed to 1500 units/mm.

Then you just need to find time to find out why it is getting stuck in Y-axis direction... I have not yet found time to do that myself, and I am running the machine with slower max speed in Y-direction now.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: J_Man

Mehr
20 Okt 2015 10:15 #26094 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf Tracking Wrong

If your Y axis is sticking pay special attention to the these two videos.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: J_Man

Mehr
10 Dez 2015 06:38 - 10 Dez 2015 06:40 #28025 von J_Man
J_Man antwortete auf Tracking Wrong
I did finally figure out the sticking. The cord was going under the machine and I wasn't seeing it. When it tried move back after the cord was under, it was sticking. The cord would basically pop with each segment. I ended up making a lip along the otter edge of the opening and now the cord rides along that. It doesn't fall out. A slightly larger lip might still be needed, but I'll worry about that if it comes up.

Now it's just trying to learn the rules of CNC and making sure to get the right speeds and right amount of times it cuts by layer. Also trying to figure out how to get the scrap plywood level. I made some cuts with it though. It'll just be some time to learn what I am doing... then relearn when I attempt a 3D cut design.

Thanks for the replies and help on this! I hope I can figure the rest out, but it's great to know there's a good community to come to if I need a little help.
Letzte Änderung: 10 Dez 2015 06:40 von J_Man.