file Frage Still have z Axis issue

Mehr
23 Jan 2016 20:16 #29587 von jonalm
Still have z Axis issue wurde erstellt von jonalm
After replacing the brass leadscrew nut because of wear which caused the whole z axis to move up and down.
I have the same issue again after doing a few jobs.
Im now getting fed up with it. Im wondering if the Kress spindle is to heavy for the cnc at 1.7kg.
In the posted video you can hear the friction with the brass nut and leadscrew. I've adjusted the track rollers and lined everything up a dozen times. Without the kress attached the z axis will do 5000 velocity with no noise/friction. Any ideas as im now thinking of getting rid of the cnc.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
23 Jan 2016 22:55 #29596 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf Still have z Axis issue
mmm it looks like the axis sometimes accelerates and then goes back again to normal speed. It may be a faulty connection or cable.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: jonalm

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 05:57 - 24 Jan 2016 05:58 #29600 von jonalm
jonalm antwortete auf Still have z Axis issue
No I'm using the shift key to start and stop acceleration, all electronics are fine, its mechanical.
Letzte Änderung: 24 Jan 2016 05:58 von jonalm.

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 12:58 - 24 Jan 2016 12:58 #29612 von jvalencia
Remove the small screw on the motor shaft and the spindle from the support mount. Turn the rod by hand. If you don't detect any problem, then the mechanics are ok.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Letzte Änderung: 24 Jan 2016 12:58 von jvalencia.

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 13:41 #29615 von mikath
mikath antwortete auf Still have z Axis issue
I hade the same problem before i adjusted the roller tighter. After that I have no problem.
Try little, by little...

/Mika

Stepcraft M.1000 + HIWIN Ball Screw + Semi-Closed Loop System + MM-1000 DI + Automatic Tool Changer + 2 Rows Tool Magazine Pneumatic Lifting + Engraving Laser DL445 + 4th Axis + Aluminum T-slot table + 3D Touch Probe + UCR201 + UCCNC + VCarve Pro + Cut3D + CorelDraw 2018 + Autodesk Inventor
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: jonalm

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 18:52 #29635 von jonalm
The problem is the brass lead screw nut has play because it has worn due to friction between it and the leadscrew. If i support the weight of the spindle like in the video it does not bind.

I have just replaced the brass nut 10 days ago and its worn again after milling some aluminium and another job.

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 18:58 - 24 Jan 2016 19:33 #29636 von jonalm
Ive adjusted the rollers with the 2 screws loosening them and tightening them and cant find something that works.
I see you have the HF spindle, this is less than half the weight of my kress 1050FME which should be easier on the z axis. Im at at loss what to do at the moment. I'll get in touch with Rory and see if i can get another brass lead screw nut, but i'm guessing i'll get the same issue

REGARDS.
Letzte Änderung: 24 Jan 2016 19:33 von jonalm. Grund: miss spelling error

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 19:17 #29637 von mikath
I´m happy that it worked out for you too.

/Mika

Stepcraft M.1000 + HIWIN Ball Screw + Semi-Closed Loop System + MM-1000 DI + Automatic Tool Changer + 2 Rows Tool Magazine Pneumatic Lifting + Engraving Laser DL445 + 4th Axis + Aluminum T-slot table + 3D Touch Probe + UCR201 + UCCNC + VCarve Pro + Cut3D + CorelDraw 2018 + Autodesk Inventor

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 19:31 #29639 von jonalm

mikath schrieb: I´m happy that it worked out for you too.

/Mika

Mika... you miss read, Ive tried adjusting the screws but makes no difference as i think the 1.7kg weight of the kress puts strain on the leadscrew nut and spindle.

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 21:36 #29645 von mikath

jonalm schrieb:

mikath schrieb: I´m happy that it worked out for you too.

/Mika

Mika... you miss read, Ive tried adjusting the screws but makes no difference as i think the 1.7kg weight of the kress puts strain on the leadscrew nut and spindle.

Okay, I´m sorry. Hope you find what´s wrong. It could be the heavier Kress.

/Mika

Mehr
24 Jan 2016 21:43 #29646 von mikath
Just remembered that I had to tighten the small screws more than what was in the description.

/Mika

Mehr
25 Jan 2016 20:10 #29673 von jvalencia
I use the Kress 800 and I don't have problems with my Z axis.

May be your rollers are too tight? I never heard of that brass screw friction thing. Mine just works ok.

I even attached a custom dust extractor device to the spindle, adding more weight and no problem at all.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
25 Jan 2016 21:13 - 25 Jan 2016 21:14 #29676 von jonalm

jvalencia schrieb: I use the Kress 800 and I don't have problems with my Z axis.

May be your rollers are too tight? I never heard of that brass screw friction thing. Mine just works ok.

I even attached a custom dust extractor device to the spindle, adding more weight and no problem at all.

This is what happened the first time with the the brass lead screw nut worn, the lead screw is loose in the nut to the point you can lift up and down the whole z axis (see vid)

I have made a bit of headway though by positioning the z axis in the middle of the gantry dead center. I then loosen the orange stepper motor holder for z and loosen the bottom tool holder at the same time, i adjusted both slightly and carefully tightend up all the bolts and set all accelerations to 750 in uccnc. i Ran a job without any lost steps.

The Kress 1050 is heavier than the kress 800 by 300grams i think when the z axis is fully down there is a lot of leverage on the z axis of the stepcraft. i may invest in the HF500 as its a better power to weight ratio just my opinion jvalencia.
Letzte Änderung: 25 Jan 2016 21:14 von jonalm.

Mehr
26 Jan 2016 18:26 #29709 von jvalencia
The kress 1050 works with the Stepcraft. See here:

This is my video with the dust extractor. It should weight like a 1050.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
26 Jan 2016 18:28 #29710 von jvalencia
You'll need to disassembly the bridge and see what's going on with all the rollers. Something must be wrong there.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad