exclamation-circle Frage UC100 Failure?

Mehr
18 Feb 2017 16:44 #44495 von SFDeeJay
UC100 Failure? wurde erstellt von SFDeeJay
My StepCraft SC2-600 (SC-100 controller, UC100 USB Motion Control, UCCNC latest versions) is still fairly new. Had a few glitches, but up and running until yesterday. I'm a bit confused about the BLUE light on the UC100 - When all was working well, the blue light ONLY came on when UCCNC software was active (same w/ Mach3). Now, when USB cable is plugged into computer, the 500w spindle gives a little "ker-chunk", red light flickers on the control box, then goes out. Blue light stays lit even without software running. Can't seem to get drivers to install now (even tho the UC100 driver appeared ok in Device Manager previously). Does this sound like the problem is the SC100, the UC100, the software, or the Windows 8 notebook? I tried several of the notebook's (Asus high-end gamer) USB ports before finding the right one, and disabled USB power saving.
Won't be able to contact StepCraft USA til Monday morning, so I'd appreciate any guidance in diagnosing problem(s). Thanks.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
18 Feb 2017 21:45 - 18 Feb 2017 21:47 #44500 von SFDeeJay
SFDeeJay antwortete auf UC100 Failure?
Forum moderator may choose to delete this or leave for others.
I was able to resolve the issue(s) before first response:
Turns out it's all about different USB ports and how they are implemented by different manufacturers.
When swapped out with a slightly older notebook (HP, Windows eight), resolved all the UC100 problems, including drivers. On the high-end Asus gamer notebook there was nothing but problems with the USB ports failing, drivers uninstalling themselves.
Letzte Änderung: 18 Feb 2017 21:47 von SFDeeJay. Grund: smiley crept in?

Mehr
26 Feb 2017 17:46 #44934 von SFDeeJay
I am sorry I was so quick to close this thread, thinking all was resolved. After purchasing a small, dedicated PC (Windows 7 Pro, plenty of memory, etc) to replace the high-end gamer notebook (mainly security reasons), I am back to square one. The CNCDrive forum has LOTS of posts from members having driver problems with UCCNC (or Mach3) and the UC100 USB motion controller. After installing version of UCCNC (1.2029), I was able to "Home All", then powered everything for the evening. Next morning - failure, drivers gone, UCCNC came up in test mode. After attempting a re-install of 64-bit drivers for the UC100, each time completion screen looks good, but driver does NOT show up in Device Manager. Back to the subject of the UC100's blue light: I did not receive comments on my earlier post, but would like to confirm - should the blue light ONLY come on when UCCNC is actively running, or be solid blue whenever there is a USB connection? At this point, I am unable to determine whether the on again-off again problems are software or hardware related. I would be willing to invest in another (non-clone) UC100 as they are not that costly, but don't know if it is the culprit.

Mehr
27 Feb 2017 12:23 #44961 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf UC100 Failure?
Just checked on my UC100 - green light only when laptop powered up. Blue light appears during UCCNC load and flickers occasionally during that process. Steady thereafter unless UCCNC control operation active. This is the same whether the SC is powered or not.

My guess is that your UC100 is fine, and the problem lies with the control computer and the drivers (or lack of them!!) Sorry can't offer any worthwhile advice on causes of drivers malfunctioning.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay

Mehr
27 Feb 2017 18:51 #44987 von SFDeeJay
Thanks, Peter. I am up and running on the new Lenovo M700 (after having disabled the Microsoft check for drivers that are not WHQL certified). Not sure that was the sole fix, and I concur with all your comments, re UC100 blue light. The sequence of installs that seems to work is: Automatic install of UC100, which includes a recent version of Mach3, (cannot be de-selected even though desired result is UCCNC). After proving it is working, then install UCCNC. It will gripe that it is modifying a previous configuration (or was it BIOS?), then seems to work fine. Having said all this, keeping fingers crossed when I go out to the shop this morning, hoping I don't have to start all over for the umpty-umpth time!

Mehr
31 Jul 2022 03:57 #62526 von onerealkewlguy
onerealkewlguy antwortete auf UC100 Failure?
Windows 10 did not automatically provide the correct driver if anything it was hidden under "other" when I checked update and was about to download the updates.

Driver provider IPSES S.r.l.
Driver Version 2.10.0.50 Built by WinDDK