file Frage Pause and Start

Mehr
14 Jun 2017 06:55 #48111 von cfranklin
Pause and Start wurde erstellt von cfranklin
Hello,

I was wondering of there was a way to pause a project mid stream and begin a few hours later

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
14 Jun 2017 10:46 #48113 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf Pause and Start
Sure it is, but what kind of Software are you using?

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: cfranklin

Mehr
14 Jun 2017 18:54 #48123 von cfranklin
cfranklin antwortete auf Pause and Start
UCCNC

Thanks

Mehr
15 Jun 2017 17:47 #48126 von cfranklin
UCCNC

Mehr
15 Jun 2017 22:51 - 15 Jun 2017 22:51 #48136 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Pause and Start
Yes, just press the Feed Hold button (on the right hand side above Cycle Stop) and turn off your spindle.

No problem.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 15 Jun 2017 22:51 von Doug.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay, Frank_SC420

Mehr
15 Jun 2017 23:36 #48139 von SFDeeJay
SFDeeJay antwortete auf Pause and Start
I wondered what that button was for (ha-ha). Thanks a lot, Doug, can't wait to give it a try.

Mehr
16 Jun 2017 20:36 #48159 von cfranklin
How do you turn off your spindle. When I unplug it and then replug in it won't start again.

Thanks

Mehr
16 Jun 2017 21:09 #48160 von Doug

cfranklin schrieb: How do you turn off your spindle. When I unplug it and then replug in it won't start again.

Thanks

I can tell you how to turn off my spindle but I suspect that you're asking how you turn off your spindle. ;) You don't mention what type of spindle you have? Kress, Stepcraft HF?

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC

Mehr
16 Jun 2017 22:59 #48167 von cfranklin
Stepcraft 2 840

Thanks

Mehr
20 Jun 2017 12:18 #48206 von Doug
Stepcraft 2/840 is the machine, not the spindle.

Mehr
13 Jul 2017 18:13 #48750 von MWinn
MWinn antwortete auf Pause and Start
It seems you can do the same with the cycle stop and start buttons to. Least it's worked for me, just have to manually turn the spindle back on.

MWinn

Mehr
15 Jun 2019 13:40 #56942 von Roze
Roze antwortete auf Pause and Start
I used a CNC mill at my school once, and it had a VERY nice pause feature that I'd like to get working in UCCNC.
Upon pressing pause, it automatically retracted to abs 0 on z axis (fully up) and stopped the spindle. And upon resuming, it remembered where it was when you hit pause, went to the XY coordinates first, then restored spindle state (usually on), then went down to its previous Z and resumed.

It was REALLY nice for re-tightening holders and mill bit and also for example to do a manual vacuum run when there was too much piled up chips.
It also allowed for some tweaking of conditions, like removing a "layer" when milling in a block of wooden boards.

Can this be done in UCCNC?

The way UCCNC does it now burns the wood around the mill-bit and its VERY easy to forget to manually start the spindle again.

//Kind regards.