times Frage So frustrated

Mehr
28 Aug 2017 21:21 - 28 Aug 2017 21:23 #49916 von MWinn
So frustrated wurde erstellt von MWinn
I've had my 840 for a couple months now and have made way more firewood than I have projects. Today was the breaking point. I spent hours last night surfacing my spoil board. Sucess!! I have some oak planks i glue together, I thought..hey I can use the same process to make sure my 15x15 board is nice and flat before I start my project. About the 5th row in it went to the edge of the wood and drilled down into my spoil board...ho hum..I sent it home, recentered everything. Ran the project again no issues.
Now part 2. I start my project. It's a pocket only going down .2 I used an 1/8 end mill and a 1/4 end mill to hog out the big part. All was going ok, little chatter from the 1/4 end mill but it was cutting well. Rpm max, feed rate 20. All of the sudden it looked like it was going on the 3rd of 4 passes and started cutting where it shouldn't have. It ruined yet another project. I'm seriously considering selling it and getting something else.

Signed
Frustrated.
Letzte Änderung: 28 Aug 2017 21:23 von MWinn. Grund: Typo

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Nov 2017 06:47 #51372 von blown406
blown406 antwortete auf So frustrated
Have you received any feedback as to the possible causes for your problems? I am dealing with some similar issues as well.

Mehr
28 Nov 2017 18:23 - 28 Nov 2017 18:23 #51385 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf So frustrated
what software you are using?

And what kind of computer, PC or Laptop? Mac or Windows?

Don't let us guess

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Letzte Änderung: 28 Nov 2017 18:23 von CNCMiller.

Mehr
28 Nov 2017 18:45 #51389 von blown406
Well first off thanks for the reply, but it could be made without the snide remark "Don't let us guess". When someone is already irritated with the results, all that does is cause more hate for what is going on. FYI, I have seen a lot of those type of comments on others posts, so this isn't the first.

I have a new Stepcraft 2/840 running a Kress 800 with ATC. I am using a Microsoft Surface tablet, Windows 10 Pro ver. 1511, OS Build 10586.753, Intel i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90 GHz / 2.50 GHz, 4 GB Ram, 64 Bit, Vectric 8.5 and UCCNC Software ver. 1.2037, Firmware ver. 3.0110, Hardware ver. 2.0000, API ver. 2.1140, Device Type UC100

Randy

Mehr
29 Nov 2017 18:28 #51412 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf So frustrated
Randy,

Frustration is not the right mood for asking advice, but I understand it.

Your problems seems to be related to lose connection between the computer and CNC mchine.
I suggest you check if you are using in some way power saving settings? I had a similar problom that the USB connection was disconnected after several minutes.

Check this in The power settings of windows > advanced power settings > USB settings.

Cool down then check and start fresh.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
29 Nov 2017 20:02 #51414 von Heiko-L
Heiko-L antwortete auf So frustrated
My equipment often lost steps, too. when I started working with it last August. I spoke to a technician of the producer of my cnc mill on the phone and I was advised to check on the speeds of the axis of the cnc.. He was right. They were adjusted far too fast by the previous owner and I guess it was the reason for selling it.. After having slowed down the speed of the three axis now everything is just fine without a single board having spoiled by now.
I run a Mechaplus machine + Linux CNC without any problems whatsoever having great fun with my equipment.
Perhaps this might help...

Gruß
Heiko-L

Mehr
13 Jan 2018 22:32 #52161 von vdh43
vdh43 antwortete auf So frustrated
I'm the 'proud' owner of a Stepcraft 840/2 since may last year. So far, i've managed to finish 2 jobs and ever since, my stepcraft is disfunctioning.

I'm using Aspire software with UCCNC via USB on a Vista laptop.
i followed the tutorials from Rory from stoney CNC to rebuild the machine in order to avoid any mechanical problems on the X and Y axis. And i do believe everything is running smooth now on those axis.
The problem now is the Z-axis : if i upload a job to UCCNC and pinpoint the zero point, as described in the tutorials, lift the spindle to a safe heigth, say 15 mm above the workpiece and start the toolpath, something weard happens...
The Stepcraft moves along the toolpath, but in thin air, above the workpiece (some 10mm above the workpiece). However, on the run-screen of UCCNC the software makes me believe the spindle is operating at -0,5mm in the workpiece. After every movement, the Z-axis lowers a bit, to finaly dive into the workpiece, far deeper then ment to be, and accelerating more then it should...
i do hear everybody thinking : loss of steps... but mechanically, everthing seems sound... no dwell on the axis, i can't move the bearing or the spindle by hand, and if i disamble the stepper motor, the mechanism of the Z-axis runs smoothly...

so, same problems on the Z-axis with an uncontrollable zero point that shifts for no reason, ending up with another frustrated user

Stepcraft 840/2
UCcnc 100
Parallel port
Kress FME-Q 800w - Dremel 300
Aspire 8.5 software

From Belgium
supplier : Sorotec Germany

Mehr
14 Jan 2018 00:00 #52165 von blown406
I am not a Stepcraft Tech, but I have been working with these issues as well. A couple things I have found out are; 1. Do not try to cut large amounts. This is not a milling machine per say, it is a much lighter duty machine. 2. Do not try to feed it too fast. Start out slow and watch your cutter. Especially when it comes to the end of a cut if you can. Does the bit pop forward when it clears the end of a cut, or does the machine rpm sound like it unloads (speeds up a bunch) at the end of a cut. Equal and proper adjustment on the tension screws is extremely importand as is the centering of the feed screw between the bearings on the end plates. The other things is keeping the rollers, slides and feeds screws cleaned well and properly lubricated. I became very frustrated and short on patience at first. I had been using a friends machine for a couple months and it was completely different. Much larger drive motors with more power and a 2-1/2 hp router head. You could tear things up with it, but a totally different catagory of machine. Once you get everything dialed in with your machine, you will be much happier. I strongly suggest that you contact customer support and they will get you on the right track. Happy machining!

Randy