file Frage Used machine with ATC on opposite side - updated screen - now problems

Mehr
02 Jan 2018 03:58 #51971 von hmatyas
I purchased a used StepCraft V2-600 that had the ATC on the other side of the machine.
I updated the screen and then the ATC was not working because it was on the wrong side.
So I watched the video and changed the tool holder to the correct side.

However, now I have problems. First, I now have to Home the machine, Z first, I move the y over and then home the Y and X.
If I home all, it will hit the tool changer.
Also, when I first tested my changes, it took the first tool. but when I did the second tool, the Z axis crashed into the tool holder.
The last straw for me to stop and write was that when I homed the X and Y axis, the machine location both have positive numbers, it does not change
to zero.
What am I missing? When the machine was reversed, do you thing that some numbers were set that is messing me up?

Thank you.
Harvey

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
18 Jan 2018 20:31 #52237 von hmatyas
I did not know what to do so I took apart the ATC and placed it on the other side.

However, my problems continue. I kept on troubleshooting but now I'm complete stuck.
I unassembled the tool rest and ran M6t1. It appeared to run correctly.
However, when I ran M6t2 something happens to the z axis. When I first Home the Z axis, the machine location is Zero which is 6 inches above the table.

After I run the M6t2, the z axis machine zero is 3.75 inches above the table.
I thought that the machine location for zero does not change value. (z zero should always be 6 inch if Homed).
I do not know what to do, the z axis keeps going lower into the tool rest.

Thank you,

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.