question-circle Frage Problem initializing the machine

Mehr
18 Aug 2020 11:13 #59392 von pspotato
Problem initializing the machine wurde erstellt von pspotato
I have just assembled my D420 system but having problem initialize it. The software is WinPC-NC with 420v2 profile.

When I try to initialize the machine using the "initialize the machine" button, the operation always ends in a few seconds with an error message "Error - Homing switch active". However it looks like the limit switches are OK (See the attached screenshot of the signal test). I have also checked the limit switch connection on the control board using a multimeter and read 0 volt in normal situation and 5 volt when the switch is pressed.

Does anyone have suggestions about what might be wrong? Thank you in advance!

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: [email protected]

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
17 Apr 2021 16:17 #60939 von Designs
Designs antwortete auf Problem initializing the machine
Hello!
I have exactly the same problem as pspotato. I have no 4th axis, but WINPC-NC thinks the 4th axis homing switch is active. This is a newly built machine.

In detail, when trying to initialise the machine, I get "Error Homing Switch Active" and the same result on the input/output signals. I have a D840, so I tried the same edit to the file SC_2_840.sys AND to the very similar SC_2_840P.sys (I can't be sure which one has effect). I delete the line starting I238, and it has not solved my problem, I still get the same "error, homing switch active". I am editing the file in the C:\winpc-nc_usb3 folder.

Can anyone help me sort this out please?

Thanks

Mehr
17 Apr 2021 17:00 #60940 von Designs
Designs antwortete auf Problem initializing the machine
I had the same problem as pspotato, and tried the same solution, and it didn't work.

then, I found a better solution which is much easier, and which definitely worked for me. In WinPC-NC, go to Parameters, Basic Settings, Signal Wizard, and change the setting for the 4th axis homing switch to "n/a". That's all there is to it.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
19 Apr 2021 13:11 #60955 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Problem initializing the machine
Check your cables
Most common problem is a bad connection between the board and the switches.

Second disable the fourth axis in WiN-PC

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Designs