file Frage Systainer for Scheppach PL45

Mehr
29 Jan 2018 18:25 #52372 von vdh43
Systainer for Scheppach PL45 wurde erstellt von vdh43
Since my stepcraft is willingly to cooperate, i wanted to make systainers in poplar plywood, because of the lighter weight.

I created a logo 'Valery's Garage' in photoshop, converted it into an eps and imported it into aspire and combined a 1mm bit with a 3 mm clearance tool.

The logo seemed to be a little too small for the 1 mm endbit, but for the first time i combined two toolpaths in one job... so i'm happy with the result.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Stepcraft 840/2
UCcnc 100
Parallel port
Kress FME-Q 800w - Dremel 300
Aspire 8.5 software

From Belgium
supplier : Sorotec Germany
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: hoedur

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
30 Jan 2018 09:25 #52380 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Systainer for Scheppach PL45
Nice effort :)

But I see you have a multiplex adapter ring made for your Dremel. If you like to made some precision projects in the future I suggest you buy the proper adapter ring from Stepcraft. That one is more sustainable and more accurate.

A tip.
Milling in beech plywood gives a rough edge when using a 2 flute or 1 flute mill. Use a diamond shape endmill for the final cut this will give a smoother edge.

But nice work.

greatings

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
30 Jan 2018 18:46 #52400 von vdh43
vdh43 antwortete auf Systainer for Scheppach PL45
i know, but since i have been struggling so much with the stepcraft assembly, i refused to invest any more money and that Dremel setup wasn't meant to last... just checking if the thing would work with a lighter endmill than the more pricey and much heavier Kress 800 endmill...

Now i know the thing works, i will most certainly buy the proper adapter for the Dremel 300... only i don't know which Dremel adapter i should pick: the 18 or 19 mm... is there somewhere documentation to be found which Dremels go in which Adapter?

So i should beter use a 45° carving tool to finish up my beech plywood projects? Or could you give me a link to the specific endmill you're proposing?

Stepcraft 840/2
UCcnc 100
Parallel port
Kress FME-Q 800w - Dremel 300
Aspire 8.5 software

From Belgium
supplier : Sorotec Germany

Mehr
30 Jan 2018 19:31 #52401 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Systainer for Scheppach PL45
vdh43,

If you want a small spindle for "light" milling I suggest to buy the Proxxon IBS/E this cost around € 75,00 and is much more quiet than a dremel.

I have my 420/1 upgraded with the higher gantries and the 420/2 toolholder.
On my system I have now a Kress 1050 FME/P with ER16 collets.
This has one disadvantage the dust adapter does no longer fit so I have to create a new one.
Why I choose the 1050 fme just for the lower rpm possibilities especially for alu or plexi materials.

The endmills I usually buy at sorotec.de they have a wide range of bits. ( www.sorotec.de/shop/Zerspanungswerkzeuge/sorotec-werkzeuge/1-8-werkzeuge/3-175----1-8---Fraeser/ )
And if you want to try out some projects on aliexpress you find chines ones who are really cheap, but last not so long.

To make smooth edges this is a way to do it.
Make your toolpaths as usual so for pocket a larger clearance tool and smallest for fine edge. Now make a third toolpath with the quick engrave button. this will mill on the line and now use a 45 or 60 degr. V-bit with the same cutting depth as the pocket. Now you have a nice chamfer.

Save all toolpaths to one file and load up.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: vdh43