file Frage Another Enclosure for a 420

Mehr
26 Jan 2021 11:45 - 26 Jan 2021 11:59 #60417 von Giles
Another Enclosure for a 420 wurde erstellt von Giles
I'm the happy owner of a 420, but I do find it extremely noisy, and difficult to share a space with (In the house) - as goes for all cnc machines.
I finally decided to build an enclosure with a view to reducing the noise levels - but also to take up as little space as possible.

This is around 600mm wide, and around 650mm front to back and the same high. It's built from 18mm MDF in order to give it mass, and the interior has all surfaces carpeted to provide a bit more sound insulation. Extraction is ported through the top, via 3D printed fittings, and on the right hand side is a simple attenuated air inlet, which lets very little sound out. The doors are diagonally hinged to allow easy access to the spindle, and lighting is at bed height via LED strips. The whole thing cost just under £100 to make, and I wish I had done it a couple of years ago. It cuts out probably 2/3rds of the sound, and makes life bearable!

The door windows were cnc'ed on the 420!

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 26 Jan 2021 11:59 von Giles.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: MagIO2, hoedur

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
26 Jan 2021 13:50 #60420 von Nioldo
Nioldo antwortete auf Another Enclosure for a 420
Looks really great!!!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.