file Frage New to the Forum, no machine yet...

Mehr
15 Jul 2021 19:40 #61261 von 64andGo
New to the Forum, no machine yet... wurde erstellt von 64andGo
Hi,

As the title says, I'm new to this forum but haven't got a StepCraft yet - but I am looking!

The reason for the delay is having to move my current machine to make room for the new one!

I live on the Wiltshire/Gloucestershire border in the south of England and am looking forward to expanding/enhancing my 'maker' skills with a StepCraft.

I primarily make trinket boxes of various shapes and sizes, signs with inlaid panels for friends and family, but want to expand into 'unique' styles of joints for drawers, etc.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
25 Dez 2023 12:14 #63482 von johnnyyy
johnnyyy antwortete auf New to the Forum, no machine yet...
Hello and welcome to the forum! It's great to see your enthusiasm for getting a StepCraft machine and expanding your "maker" skills. Moving your current machine to make room for the new one can be a bit of a challenge, but it's exciting to know that you're dedicated to creating a space for your creative endeavors. The trinket boxes and signs with inlaid panels you make sound wonderful, and it's fantastic that you're looking to explore unique styles of joints for drawers and other projects. The StepCraft machine will definitely help you achieve your goals and bring your creative visions to life. The forum is a fantastic place to connect with fellow makers, exchange ideas, and learn from each other's experiences. Feel free to ask questions, share your projects, and engage with the community. We're thrilled to have you here, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of inspiration and support. Best of luck with your journey into expanding your maker skills with StepCraft!

Mehr
26 Dez 2023 11:23 #63485 von 64andGo
64andGo antwortete auf New to the Forum, no machine yet...
My original thread was posted so long ago, I completely forgot about it, but here's some progress:

I'm now the proud owner of a Stepcraft M.1000 CNC machine, with aluminium, MDF and vacuum table options, a Kress 1400 FME-P DI milling motor, semi-closed loop system, standard ball screws and LED lighting.

It came in kit form and, after a few minor issues with the build, it is now up and running really well.

For one reason or another I haven't been able to put it through its paces, but I'm learning through small, straightforward projects to transition from my old machine to this one. Come the New Year, I'll be back on the road to designing and producing me projects once again.

I can't wait :-)