• joshuarbailey87
  • joshuarbailey87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
08 May 2017 01:45 - 08 May 2017 01:50 #46970 by joshuarbailey87
Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting was created by joshuarbailey87
Hi all,

I'm running a Stepcraft 600(2) with a HF500 spindle and UCCNC with the settings below (as per other threads I've looked at). The spindle works fine with manual operation, just won't turn on/off with an M3 code.

When I start a cycle, the Spindle won't auto start when it goes past the "S13000 M3" code. If I set it to run and then start the cycle, it actually switches off the spindle, which is a real problem. I've also tried swapping the code to read "M3 S13000" but that doesn't seem to work either.

The red light on the controller flickers but the controller won't register a number and the "Clockwise" button on UCCNC software goes green, but nothing happens - am I using the wrong connector somewhere or is it an incorrect setting?

Can anyone pls assist?

Settings are attached as screenshots.
Last edit: 08 May 2017 01:50 by joshuarbailey87. Reason: screenshots not attached

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2017 17:37 #51000 by XYZLAB
Replied by XYZLAB on topic Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting
Hi joshuarbailey87,

I read your issue. Did you resolve this?? Because I'm with a similar problem but I use the WinPC-NC USB (also have a HF500 spindle with a stepcraft 2/840).
It also doesn't start or stop the spindle when it runs the Gcode and M commands. Also it should start with the signal test but nothing! The only way it starts is with the Control Unit which is not supposed to be used cause it's a CNC! Sorry for trouble you but I have all setup with my stepcraft and I'm jammed with this issue and till now no one could help!

Best Regards,
Nuno Gomes

More
29 Dec 2017 17:14 #51876 by Oraby
Replied by Oraby on topic Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting
Hello guys,

joshuarbailey87 wrote:
> When I start a cycle, the Spindle won't auto start when it goes past the "S13000 M3" code. If I set it to run and then start the cycle, it actually switches off the spindle, which is a real problem. I've also tried swapping the code to read "M3 S13000" but that doesn't seem to work either.
> The red light on the controller flickers but the controller won't register a number and the "Clockwise" button on UCCNC software goes green, but nothing happens - am I using the wrong connector somewhere or is it an incorrect setting?

I have the same issue exactly as well (using UCCNC and HF500 spindle). Did any of you manage to solve it?.

Cheers,
Hatem

More
  • joshuarbailey87
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
29 Dec 2017 22:19 #51885 by joshuarbailey87
Replied by joshuarbailey87 on topic Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting
Hi,

Sorry I only just saw your reply - I ended up speaking to my Stepcraft dealer and running some tests, and after it didn't work for any of those it seemed that the controller itself was faulty. He gave me a new controller and it worked perfectly straight away, so if you're getting to the point where you've run all the possible M code tests and nothing is happening, speak to Stepcraft.

Cheers,

Josh

• joshuarbailey87
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
29 Dec 2017 22:21 #51886 by joshuarbailey87
Replied by joshuarbailey87 on topic Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting
Also, I'm not sure about WinPC-NC I haven't used that before, but it should be the same basic operation - as long as there's an 'M' Code in your files, it should trigger the controller to turn on.

More
30 Dec 2017 02:01 #51887 by Oraby
Replied by Oraby on topic Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll contact Stepcraft then after the Holidays.

Cheers,
Hatem