file Frage Paths for simple 20mm circle bring UCCNC to a halt

• Digitalquill
  • Digitalquills Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
07 Mai 2017 15:59 #46953 von Digitalquill
Paths for simple 20mm circle bring UCCNC to a halt wurde erstellt von Digitalquill
Hi everyone,
I have a problem (Windows 10, Decent i3 laptop 8gb RAM, Cut2D + UCCNC + 840) created paths on Friday for one side of the project i am doing - simple 2 x 20mm holes and 4 x drill holes, cutting 1mm per pass). Friday this worked fine, loaded into UCCNC, pressed go and all ok. I did multiple runs on 5 of my boxes without any issues.

Today i have come to do the other side, this side has 1 x 2mm hole + 2 x drill holes and then 2 x 10.8mm holes. Rest of the settings all the same, exported with the same bit/speed/cut depth etc) but when i load it into UCCNC it grinds to a halt, goes very sluggish, won't issue jog commands to the 840.

Loaded Fridays paths into it and works fine

Exported another version of the second side with 1 x 20mm hole and 2 x drill holes (i.e. half of what i did on Friday) again it grinds to a halt.
I had an issue some time ago with windows update, but i turned them off and i have checked and there have been no updates at all.

I have then exported each path as a single file and it appears to the the single 20mm hole as loading that on its own brings UCCNC to its knees while the other smaller holes and drill holes are fine

Here is the faulty file: slack-files.com/T20RXA8VA-F595XV7TJ-06162f7926

Here is the file i was using on friday with 2 x holes and 4 x drill holes slack-files.com/T20RXA8VA-F59PFFT3M-43fbf5fbf1

Any help or advice would be great thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Digitalquill
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
08 Mai 2017 11:37 #46977 von Digitalquill
Anyone got any ideas on this? I tried running the file anyway and the machine misses steps and is all over th eplace. I am guessing that UCCNC is not sending all the steps to the machine.

Very strange as the more complicated version works fine and no matter what i do to this one (a simple circle cut) it just brings UCCNC to a halt.

Mehr
08 Mai 2017 13:27 #46979 von peterg1000
Your "faulty" file runs fine under UCCNC simulation. It generates a single circle with the tool depth incremented by 0.8mm to a maximum of 3.2mm, no drill holes.

Original file contains 4 drill holes and two circles, of which the second is incomplete, stopping part way through the second circle - leaving the machine in limbo so to speak. I have no doubt that there would be identical results if I ran the files for real on the router.

I would be highly suspicious of Windows 10 - you may have automatic updates enabled so check and uninstall any rubbish that has been sneaked into your machine without your knowledge.

You may guess that I do not regard Win10 or Microsoft in very high esteem - trying too hard to be all things to all men (or women)!!

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

• Digitalquill
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
09 Mai 2017 19:43 #47037 von Digitalquill
I agree re. Windows 10 but I have updates turned off. We are software engineers by trade so we know the problems.

I have checked and no updates were installed

The file has been truncated when uploading by the looks of it.

With the faulty one wanted the 20mm hole, drill holes and two other holes. By a process of illumination I found it was the circle to blame. Exporting just the drill holes and the other two holes is fine both individually and on their own. It is only when the 20mm circle is added that I get an issue either on its own like the one posted or with the other paths.

Uccnc sits 'generating paths' for 30 seconds before it loads the file and the. Just grinds to a halt every click is very slow and you can't jog the machine. Loading a new file without restarting uccnc makes it work fine again

Mehr
09 Mai 2017 23:21 #47045 von peterg1000
Hi,

Just ran both your files on my router - no problems at all. Start programme, wait for tool change, start spindle and run files to the end. The circles seem a bit "notchy" but operate the machine normally. UCCNC loads the .txt files instantaneously to populate the toolpath.

My SC420/2 router is attached to a Win XP Prof laptop (Dell D610) and runs UCCNC 1.2029 with a UC100 interface controller. The simulation I ran yesterday on my Dell Latitude E6530 with Win 7 Prof.

Just to be sure, why not download UCCNC Rev 1.1037 from the source , there may just be something weird in the version you are running.

Apart from that I am fresh out of ideas - sorry I can't be more constructive.

Peter.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.