• joshuarbailey87
  • joshuarbailey87s Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
08 Mai 2017 01:45 - 08 Mai 2017 01:50 #46970 von joshuarbailey87
Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting wurde erstellt von joshuarbailey87
Hi all,

I'm running a Stepcraft 600(2) with a HF500 spindle and UCCNC with the settings below (as per other threads I've looked at). The spindle works fine with manual operation, just won't turn on/off with an M3 code.

When I start a cycle, the Spindle won't auto start when it goes past the "S13000 M3" code. If I set it to run and then start the cycle, it actually switches off the spindle, which is a real problem. I've also tried swapping the code to read "M3 S13000" but that doesn't seem to work either.

The red light on the controller flickers but the controller won't register a number and the "Clockwise" button on UCCNC software goes green, but nothing happens - am I using the wrong connector somewhere or is it an incorrect setting?

Can anyone pls assist?

Settings are attached as screenshots.
Letzte Änderung: 08 Mai 2017 01:50 von joshuarbailey87. Grund: screenshots not attached

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
31 Okt 2017 17:37 #51000 von XYZLAB
Hi joshuarbailey87,

I read your issue. Did you resolve this?? Because I'm with a similar problem but I use the WinPC-NC USB (also have a HF500 spindle with a stepcraft 2/840).
It also doesn't start or stop the spindle when it runs the Gcode and M commands. Also it should start with the signal test but nothing! The only way it starts is with the Control Unit which is not supposed to be used cause it's a CNC! Sorry for trouble you but I have all setup with my stepcraft and I'm jammed with this issue and till now no one could help!

Best Regards,
Nuno Gomes

Mehr
29 Dez 2017 17:14 #51876 von Oraby
Hello guys,

joshuarbailey87 wrote:
> When I start a cycle, the Spindle won't auto start when it goes past the "S13000 M3" code. If I set it to run and then start the cycle, it actually switches off the spindle, which is a real problem. I've also tried swapping the code to read "M3 S13000" but that doesn't seem to work either.
> The red light on the controller flickers but the controller won't register a number and the "Clockwise" button on UCCNC software goes green, but nothing happens - am I using the wrong connector somewhere or is it an incorrect setting?

I have the same issue exactly as well (using UCCNC and HF500 spindle). Did any of you manage to solve it?.

Cheers,
Hatem

Mehr
29 Dez 2017 17:31 #51878 von Oraby

• joshuarbailey87
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
29 Dez 2017 22:19 #51885 von joshuarbailey87
joshuarbailey87 antwortete auf Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting
Hi,

Sorry I only just saw your reply - I ended up speaking to my Stepcraft dealer and running some tests, and after it didn't work for any of those it seemed that the controller itself was faulty. He gave me a new controller and it worked perfectly straight away, so if you're getting to the point where you've run all the possible M code tests and nothing is happening, speak to Stepcraft.

Cheers,

Josh

• joshuarbailey87
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
29 Dez 2017 22:21 #51886 von joshuarbailey87
joshuarbailey87 antwortete auf Issues with HF500 Spindle Not starting
Also, I'm not sure about WinPC-NC I haven't used that before, but it should be the same basic operation - as long as there's an 'M' Code in your files, it should trigger the controller to turn on.

Mehr
30 Dez 2017 02:01 #51887 von Oraby
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll contact Stepcraft then after the Holidays.

Cheers,
Hatem