file Frage Dewalt Dust shoe

• cabledog_68
  • cabledog_68s Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
29 Apr 2017 05:39 #46756 von cabledog_68
Dewalt Dust shoe wurde erstellt von cabledog_68
This isnt really a new topic. But just going at it a different way. I am still looking for a dust shoe for the dewalt. So, if anyone out there has made one. Can you please maybe post a pic? It seems Stepcraft isnt going to make one like they said when i bought my 600. Thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
29 Apr 2017 08:38 #46757 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Dewalt Dust shoe
Try design and make one yourself:)
You can use the free Fusion 360 CAD design and mill it in layers, witch you glue later to one part.

Is more fun than;)

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Doug

Mehr
29 Apr 2017 11:37 - 29 Apr 2017 11:44 #46760 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Dewalt Dust shoe
I am in the process of making a dust shoe that is not specific to any spindle. Most amateur/hobby CNC users end up making their own. See also this topic:

https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/forum/accessories/4114-long-vacuum-extraction-dust-skirt-brush

I have designed the plate, created the toolpath, bought the 75 mm brushes from Screwfix and ordered the various parts from eBay plastic suppliers but they are letting me down.

- 15 mm acrylic rod/bar for locating bush: ordered Monday 24th April, received, cut and drilled to accept M6 bolt
- 12 mm acrylic plate: ordered Monday 24th April, dispatched Thursday 27th April. Still waiting...
- 24 mm O.D./18 mm I.D. acrylic tube for exhaust flue: ordered Monday 24th April, wrong O.D. (25 mm) sent. Replacement to be dispatched Tuesday, 2nd May.
- M3 press-in brass threaded inserts for plastic : ordered Tuesday, 25th April. Still waiting.

:angry: Frustrating.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 29 Apr 2017 11:44 von Doug.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay

Mehr
31 Mai 2017 15:13 #47756 von d.schneider630
d.schneider630 antwortete auf Dewalt Dust shoe
I found one last year on Thingaverse.

Mehr
03 Jun 2017 17:27 #47838 von SFDeeJay
SFDeeJay antwortete auf Dewalt Dust shoe
Doug, I had to chuckle at your post, as you ALWAYS seem to be up to some interesting jig/fabrication. When I was in my carpentry apprenticeship (many years ago) the boss was always yelling at me for wasting time on jigs, UNTIL he was shown how much time is saved later on with replication and accuracy. Thanks, I stand in awe.

Mehr
04 Jun 2017 20:22 #47884 von Doug

SFDeeJay schrieb: Doug, I had to chuckle at your post, as you ALWAYS seem to be up to some interesting jig/fabrication. When I was in my carpentry apprenticeship (many years ago) the boss was always yelling at me for wasting time on jigs, UNTIL he was shown how much time is saved later on with replication and accuracy. Thanks, I stand in awe.

Thanks! I'm glad my posts are amusing. :lol:

I am learning about the importance of jigs in guitar building. I am just in the process of using a piece of blockboard that was unsuitable for making into a guitar into an aligment jib for the upper and lower sections of the Brian May Red Special guitar. I will stick the lower section on the board, screw in oak dowels at strategic points around it. I could also use it for clamping the two sections together which the glue sets.

Also on the drawing board is an idea to mill a jig to align the shaped and radiused guitar fretboard to the cut neck while the glue sets from a piece of wood which has the inverse shape of the finished item and therefore interlocks with the cut neck. Because I have the CAD models, I should be able to easily produce this.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC

Mehr
14 Jun 2017 00:58 #48107 von SFDeeJay
I just purchased this dust-shoe for my Bosch Colt: www.kentcnc.net/nc
A bit pricey, but excellent workmanship, and you can pop off the 3" brush ring and replace w/ 2" ring when using shorter bits. I admire Doug, who is always fabricating something new. I'm not that talented, so if paying extra, demand quality, which shows in Kent's work. By the way, he makes a separate model for the DeWalt, insisting that the hair-measurement difference is important when snugging down the acrylic.

Mehr
15 Jun 2017 22:45 #48134 von Doug
To be fair, the Kent CNC dust shoe does look good quality but it's far too expensive, especially now that the GBP/USD exchange rate is around 1.25.

Plus it seemed like a neat thing to get the Stepcraft to make it's own dust shoe! ;)

Doug

Mehr
15 Jun 2017 23:33 #48138 von SFDeeJay
Doug, I agree w/ you that StepCraft should fabricate a dust shoe (since they market the unique tool holder). As to the KentCNC dust shoe being overpriced, compare it with the $99 USD StepCraft dust collector and the fact that you get a "split-shoe" solution, allowing swap-out with different lengths of dust brush (also somewhat costly). As to the exchange rate, I'm sorry to say that right now we seem to enjoy catering only to the upper-classes. Don't mean to inject politics into the forum, but fact is fact.

Mehr
16 Jun 2017 21:13 - 16 Jun 2017 21:19 #48161 von Doug
Sorry, you misunderstood me. I just meant that it was neat that I used my Stepcraft machine to make a custom part for itself. I didn't mean that the Stepcraft company should make their own dust shoe - obviously they have their own dust collector for the Stepcraft HF spindle. I think I paid around £40 for mine which at the time would have cost about US$50?

But yes, you're also correct. Stepcraft should probably offer a larger dust shoe for those with different spindles and heavier duty needs.

Regards.

Doug

Letzte Änderung: 16 Jun 2017 21:19 von Doug.

Mehr
16 Jun 2017 22:04 #48164 von SFDeeJay
Doug, I did understand that you were making your own dust shoe, but you did say, earlier, "seemed like a neat thing to get the Stepcraft to make it's own dust shoe", and that is what I was addressing - if they're going to make a unique toolholder (for the Dewalt), then they should offer a dust shoe to match. Isn't language/communications funny? I'm sure that if someone did a study, we would find some basic reasons for forum threads being so long!