file Frage Fixed Y-axis 600 SC2

Mehr
03 Feb 2016 11:21 - 03 Feb 2016 11:32 #30098 von redflex
Fixed Y-axis 600 SC2 wurde erstellt von redflex
From the start my Y axis did not have full travel but was limited to 80 or 90% of the bed length, I was happy to live with this as only doing small projects.

However the machine (600 SC2) dropped to just 40% travel with a lot of chatter coming from the ball screws, at times the Y axis started to stutter and jam. After chatting with Rory, I stripped down the machine reset it all but with no joy.

After further investigation I found the chattering was coming from just one side, so I switched over the ball screws, the problem then switch as well. Therefore I figure it must be something to do with the ball screw.

I removed the ball screws both looked identical, so I refitted the ball screws and put a piece of lined paper behind the ball screws and filmed it running.

On the good side no movement, but on the side movement up and down could be seen.

Therefore I then replaced the complete ball screw on the bad side. The resulted in 100% noise free travel along the complete y-axis both sides. The machine is now running better than ever before.

Added note: I also found that I need to wait for my workshop to warm up, if very cold the machine will not run smoothly. If the machine is in a cold room, feel the metal parts, if they are very cold, you need to warm up the room until the machine is not cold to touch.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 03 Feb 2016 11:32 von redflex.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.