file Frage HF Spindle 500 bagel damaged

Mehr
11 Apr 2017 09:37 #46280 von lab
HF Spindle 500 bagel damaged wurde erstellt von lab
Hi,

I have recently build my Stpecraft 840 and, after a couple of works, I have detected a problem in the bagel of the HF Spindle that does not let me insert correctly the nut, as you can see in the photo.

So, it's a small but also big problem guys :( because the drill is not full upright and obviously the Stepcraft does not do its job well.

Is there any solution? If not, can I send the HF Spindle 500 to Stepcraft in Germany to repair it?

Greetings.

PS. Sorry, my english is not as good as I'd like to.

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
11 Apr 2017 10:08 - 11 Apr 2017 10:12 #46281 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf HF Spindle 500 bagel damaged
Hi Iab,

Silly question, but is the ER11 collet properly mounted in the nut - it should have "clicked" as you pressed it in. You have to get it oriented correctly before it is easy to press it home.

Not really sure which part you refer to as "bagel". Is it the thread on the spindle?.

There is some distortion in your pictures that make it difficult to confirm that the spindle itself is OK - I assume it all fitted together properly when you first got it.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Letzte Änderung: 11 Apr 2017 10:12 von peterg1000. Grund: typo correction

Mehr
11 Apr 2017 10:18 #46282 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf HF Spindle 500 bagel damaged
When starting with CNC hobby I had also my problems with the coletts. Maybe those YOUTUBE videos will help:

Good luck!

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Mehr
11 Apr 2017 14:07 #46285 von lab
lab antwortete auf HF Spindle 500 bagel damaged

peterg1000 schrieb: Hi Iab,

Silly question, but is the ER11 collet properly mounted in the nut - it should have "clicked" as you pressed it in. You have to get it oriented correctly before it is easy to press it home.

Yes, I hear that "click" everytime.

peterg1000 schrieb:
Not really sure which part you refer to as "bagel". Is it the thread on the spindle?.

Yes.

peterg1000 schrieb:
There is some distortion in your pictures that make it difficult to confirm that the spindle itself is OK - I assume it all fitted together properly when you first got it.

The thread in the spindle is not ok (my first photo) but it fitted together without problems the firts times I used the Stepcraft.

Also, thank you @DocBrown for the videos but they don't help me :(

Very disappointed right now: the Stepcraft is brand new and after a couple of works, it has to be stopped and I don't know what to do.

Mehr
11 Apr 2017 15:57 #46288 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf HF Spindle 500 bagel damaged
Is the thread stripped? It is difficult to discern from your photograph but it looks like that might have happened if you cross threaded the nut.

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net

Mehr
11 Apr 2017 16:56 #46291 von lab

Doug schrieb: Is the thread stripped? It is difficult to discern from your photograph but it looks like that might have happened if you cross threaded the nut.

Yes, the damage is to small to be able to see it in a photo but there it is. When you try to insert the nut, at the beggining there is no problem but when you try to insert it more, the nut twists to one side. It is impossible to insert it upright.

Everything is ready and working but this small problem has stopped all the projects of my lab. Unbelievable :(

Mehr
11 Apr 2017 18:02 #46296 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf HF Spindle 500 bagel damaged
Do you have access to some very fine watchmakers needle files - you may be able to remove some of the damaged parts of the thread so as to get the nut past that point. Not sure about any damage to the thread in the nut - almost impossible to repair so you may have to sacrifice that one if it is badly damaged.

A trick that sometimes works is to hold the nut very firmly in a vice and screw in the mating thread keeping the threaded part at 90 degrees - if you trim the spindle thread first to remove the worst of the damage. This may get you going again.

It is a fairly brutal way to treat a precision thread, but it is damaged anyway!! :evil:

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
11 Apr 2017 20:43 #46303 von lab

peterg1000 schrieb: Do you have access to some very fine watchmakers needle files - you may be able to remove some of the damaged parts of the thread so as to get the nut past that point. Not sure about any damage to the thread in the nut - almost impossible to repair so you may have to sacrifice that one if it is badly damaged.

A trick that sometimes works is to hold the nut very firmly in a vice and screw in the mating thread keeping the threaded part at 90 degrees - if you trim the spindle thread first to remove the worst of the damage. This may get you going again.

It is a fairly brutal way to treat a precision thread, but it is damaged anyway!! :evil:

I've thought about this solution but, having in consideration that the spindle is still in warranty, maybe It's better solution to send it to Stepcraft. I rely more in his expertise than on mine :unsure: