file Frage Vacuum adaptor/hose sizes

Mehr
07 Mai 2017 14:55 #46948 von Huff
Vacuum adaptor/hose sizes wurde erstellt von Huff
Hi all,

I'm still building my 840, and am making sure I have all the bits for the next stage - the vacuum extraction brush.

I have a vacuum (Numatic) with a 32mm hose which I need to step-down to the size of the Stepcraft hose that fits the extraction unit.

Questions:

Can anyone confirm the size of the Stepcraft extraction hose, I *think* it's 24mm?

Can anyone point me towards a 32mm to 24mm adaptor to join the two hoses? (I have tried extensive searches on the net but am being buried with search results for other sizes)...

Any help much appreciated.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
07 Mai 2017 15:30 #46951 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Vacuum adaptor/hose sizes
Huff,

witch adapter do you have for the 840, for the IBS/E, HF500, or Kress spindel?

they have different hose diameters

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
07 Mai 2017 16:06 #46954 von Huff
Huff antwortete auf Vacuum adaptor/hose sizes
Sorry, the Kress...

Mehr
07 Mai 2017 16:15 - 07 Mai 2017 16:18 #46955 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Vacuum adaptor/hose sizes
Hi.

The Stepcraft HF spindle adapter exhaust flue is 24 mm. I recently measured up for a DIY/custom dust skirt and ordered 24 mm o.d. acrylic tube for the exhaust flue until I found that I could dispense with the Stepcraft hose because I'm no longer using the Stepcraft HF spindle or its exhaust adapter.

I'm sure Rory said that the Kress would work with the Stepcraft HF spindle exhaust adapter though. I never got the Kress in the end.

I can post a picture of the hose attached to the 24 mm acrylic tube if you would like.

My VonHaus ash vacuum has a 38 mm hose connection.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 07 Mai 2017 16:18 von Doug.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Huff

Mehr
07 Mai 2017 16:20 #46956 von Huff
Huff antwortete auf Vacuum adaptor/hose sizes
Thanks, I'd be interested to see that. The 24mm acrylic flue is good idea too, I guess you can see the extracted dust "going up the chimney" as it were?