file Frage 840 Performance Kit limit switch issue

Mehr
05 Nov 2020 21:45 #59769 von Sonny
840 Performance Kit limit switch issue wurde erstellt von Sonny
I have just received my performance kit for my 840. I have fitted and tested the kit and everything works fine, both Y Steppers work back and forth but...

As per the instructions I have wired up both Y1 and Y2 limit switches to the mother board and checking the Diagnostics on UCCNC neither of the limit switches work when pressed. But if I remove 1 limit switch from the motherboard then press the micro switch of the one still connected the diagnostics lights up and the machine resets. It does not matter which limit switch is disconnected or which Y1 or Y2 connections are used, provided only 1 limit switch is connected to the motherboard pressing the limit switch stops the machine. As soon as the other limit switch is connected to the motherboard neither switch works!

I am hoping it is is something simple like a missed setting in UCCNC.

Any ideas Please?

Thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
06 Nov 2020 10:17 #59771 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf 840 Performance Kit limit switch issue
How is the wiring of the switches?

2 parallel switches will only break circuit if they are simultaneously pressed.
Try to connect them in series, then if one is pressed the circuit is broken.

hope this will help you

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
07 Nov 2020 12:43 #59775 von Sonny
Hi CNCMiller,

Yep you were right. After all my checking and 'tweaking' I did not do the one thing I should have though of first, I should have just swapped the wired in the terminals over!

What was happening was the first limit switch to be pressed stopped the other Y axis which left the original still trying to work!

All is now working as far as Y axis is concerned, I just need to get the Z sorted now before I drop the whole machine in the bin!

Thanks again

Regards,

Sonny

Mehr
07 Nov 2020 19:41 #59776 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf 840 Performance Kit limit switch issue
Hi Sonny,

Never blame the machine, the one with the supposed brains is to blame.

glad to help you out.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Sonny

Mehr
08 Nov 2020 08:14 #59780 von Sonny
Morning,

You are of course perfectly right, and it is a waste of time to verbally assault my machine........but the wife fights back!

Regards.