file Frage StepCraft Spindle

Mehr
06 Jan 2015 18:20 #13173 von em1424
StepCraft Spindle wurde erstellt von em1424
Rory,
In another thread you said "The STEPCRAFT HF spindle is a great addition to your STEPCRAFT system. Bigger cutters and much quieter. It really does open up a lot more possibilities!! Ready to go out of the box."

In the land of 110/115V AC is this true or said another way, would you explain the circiut and hook up from the 110v line to the spindle please and what's in the box from Stepcraft and not.

Thanks,
Leo

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
07 Jan 2015 11:35 #13197 von woodendonkey
woodendonkey antwortete auf StepCraft Spindle
Hi Leo

The main thing for me getting the HF spindle was that it takes cutters up to 8mm shank diameter, so you can get bits with 1/4" shank that are hard to find in 3.175mm shank.

Having said that, I have yet to use my 1/4" collet!

A benefit over my Dremel is that the emergency stop on the Stepcraft kills the HF spindle - the Dremel (or Proxxon etc) will keep spinning.

My HF operating instructions state "The control unit and the sealing air pump must be connected to the 230 V mains" - I've not seen mention of a 110V version.

I got the HF350, sealing air pump, control box, connection cable from control box to Step Craft, all cables and hoses included.

Hope this is of some help as you wait for Rory's reply!

Donald

Donald

Learning from mistakes until I become an expert!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: em1424

Mehr
07 Jan 2015 19:48 #13211 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf StepCraft Spindle

em1424 schrieb: Rory,
In another thread you said "The STEPCRAFT HF spindle is a great addition to your STEPCRAFT system. Bigger cutters and much quieter. It really does open up a lot more possibilities!! Ready to go out of the box."

In the land of 110/115V AC is this true or said another way, would you explain the circiut and hook up from the 110v line to the spindle please and what's in the box from Stepcraft and not.

Thanks,
Leo

Hi Leo,

The box has
  • spindle
  • Er collet nut
  • Spindle driver (plugged into AC mains)
  • Air pump (plugged into AC mains)

The driver for the spindle is powered using a AC/DC transformer - so the single phase AC 230V waveform is chopped up to DC and then input into the speed controller. We will have to check but usually these transformers work on both 110V AC up to 230V AC.

I will ask STEPCRAFT. The machines are soon to be available in the US (if not already) so I would expect the transformer to be compatible and a suitable airpump specified. Will chase these details.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: em1424

Mehr
08 Jan 2015 05:09 - 08 Jan 2015 05:11 #13235 von em1424
em1424 antwortete auf StepCraft Spindle
Rory,
My house phone and therefore the shop phone was dead all day Wednesday until late this afternoon. So I was off line! Thanks for the info of what's in the box. I will contact the US operation and see about 110V. I have 220 in the shop but I would have to add another 220 circuit just for this little guy.
Thanks,
Leo
Letzte Änderung: 08 Jan 2015 05:11 von em1424. Grund: no edit

Mehr
04 Dez 2015 00:39 - 04 Dez 2015 00:40 #27833 von Robert@isd
Robert@isd antwortete auf StepCraft Spindle
110 will work.
They even provide an extra ground wire for the machine itself. That is to say, the machine has no plug and therefore isn't grounded though electricity is flowing through it.

Glad I saw this post; didn't get the gist of the ground wire.

We just got an 840 in with this spindle and orange box.
Robert
Letzte Änderung: 04 Dez 2015 00:40 von Robert@isd. Grund: wanted to check the little box for notifications.