file Frage Official specifications???

Mehr
17 Jun 2015 21:52 #22401 von jvalencia
Official specifications??? wurde erstellt von jvalencia
1. Where can I see what type/model of motors are used? From several photos, I see 2 different type of motors.

2. About the belt system in the back, is it reliable? Is it precise enough? Why use acme screws and then a belt? How is this different from the shapeoko/x-carve belt system?

3. The assembly manual, is it available for download? Even in German language, I don't care.

Looking forward to buy an S600, but I need some answers first :)

Thanks.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
18 Jun 2015 08:31 #22404 von Turtleman
Turtleman antwortete auf Official specifications???
Hello and welcome.

1. Where can I see what type/model of motors are used? From several photos, I see 2 different type of motors.

There are two types of motrors. Y-axis is a little bit bigger. Some say (also me) that they are to small. I build in a bigger one on y-axis. X-axis will follow. But I have SC600 V1, so I don't know what you'll find in V2.

2. About the belt system in the back, is it reliable? Is it precise enough? Why use acme screws and then a belt? How is this different from the shapeoko/x-carve belt system?

Yes. I thought about it too. But look at the specs on stepcraft homepage for accuracy. If it's enough for you then it's ok. For me it's good enough.

3. The assembly manual, is it available for download? Even in German language, I don't care.

Assembly manual is not available for download. Only a few pages on SC homepage. Do you want it for technical details or do you want to see how to assemble? Assembling is no problem. Technical details can be answered here. Better from someone with a SC V2.

I have the SC600 V1 for a few month and I love it. The main question is how you want to use it. I made some hard work (aluminium 10mm) and also high precission work (ok, not too high) and it works fine.

Mehr
18 Jun 2015 10:28 - 18 Jun 2015 10:29 #22408 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf Official specifications???
Hi, thank you for a quick reply.

I wanted the manual to see how it's built, from a technical point of view. How the belt works and such things.

I'll cut plywood and wood, I plan to buy 8mm and 4mm flutes with a Kress 530 and the uccnc/uc100 controller. I find the HF spindle too expensive.

Don't know if the nema 17 will be enough for 8mm flutes on wood.

I think this is the best machine for it's price range (from what I've seen).

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Letzte Änderung: 18 Jun 2015 10:29 von jvalencia.

Mehr
18 Jun 2015 21:12 #22439 von Turtleman
Turtleman antwortete auf Official specifications???
I found motors with 59Ncm (original is 28Ncm). That should be enough. But the original motors could also work. It's just a matter of speed. If you have enough time, slow down and everything will work fine.

Price is fantastic for that kind of machine. The main reason for me to buy it. And you can decide what kind of modification are usefull for your work. But, of course, everything will work fine with the original machine.