exclamation-circle Frage No more double sided tape for fixturing???

Mehr
30 Sep 2016 16:48 #37868 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf No more double sided tape for fixturing???
I was only thinking of the double sided as an alternative to the cyanoacrylate.

The "Diall" tape I used is fine at room temperature but looses the will to live at 50 - 60 degrees C!!. I found this out the hard way when I attached a part to the backplate on my lathe, a few decent cuts and it all fell apart!! Some 3M stuff I have is much less affected by temperature.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
30 Sep 2016 20:02 #37873 von DerRoy

julius schrieb:

DerRoy schrieb: Sure a vaccum pad costs some money, but it is still worth it.
I got mine from EBay for abt. 45€ (300x200) and as I mentioned before, I use my standard vaccuum cleaner to run it.

Very interesting...
But I've read somewhere that using a standard vaccuum cleaner is dangerous 'cause you can overheat it. Furthermore, running a vacuum pump/cleaner is very noisy! It makes more noise than the machine itself.

Well, as long as the same vacuum cleaner is used for the suction hood as well, It gets enough air for cooling.
Of course it is noisy, but this depends pretty much on the vacuum cleaner you have ;)

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Mehr
24 Okt 2016 13:54 #38563 von Owen Sparks
Owen Sparks antwortete auf No more double sided tape for fixturing???
There have been some interesting new materials developed for beds in 3d printing. When warm they stick to the part being built like glue. When the cool down the material just pops off.

I wonder if something similar could be used here? (For those not inclined to listen to vacs for too long.)

Cheers,
Owen S.

Production Engineer
HWM-Water Ltd.