• Denus
  • Denuss Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Jack of all hobbies, master of none!
Mehr
03 Jan 2016 00:00 #28859 von Denus
UCCNC Velocity speed questions wurde erstellt von Denus
I don't really understand the standard SC 420/2 settings of the velocity in UCCNC.
This is around 1600, but that implies my router to move way too fast when milling imo.

I put the values to 650 on all the axis, and now, the machine is easy going without stress.

As far as I've understand, the Velocity is meant for the movement of the axis during movements and while milling, is that true?
And how can a SC 420/2 work correctly at 1600 without snapping the bit?

Who can inform me further about this?

Eurotools-24 G-500 & custom-made aluminium table
Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
03 Jan 2016 09:53 - 03 Jan 2016 09:55 #28867 von tikka
tikka antwortete auf UCCNC Velocity speed questions
Velocity is maximum speed your Stepcraft can move, so usually rapid movement "cutting air" at or above safe Z/ retracting towards safe Z (G0 movement command in your g-code). For hobby machines it doesn`t always mean that max velocity is reliable to use. For Stepcraft I don`t know, but max velocity as rapid movent seems ok for my version 1. Some programs use G0 to move to surface, but that is wrong IMHO. Milling speed is defined with feedrate. Milling with maximum velocity might be done if machine, spindle, cutting bit etc are up to this task, but I have no ideas how to do this.

Max velocity or speed for Stepcraft 2 seems to be 3000mm/min according to SC data.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2
Letzte Änderung: 03 Jan 2016 09:55 von tikka.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Denus

• Denus
  • Denuss Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Jack of all hobbies, master of none!
Mehr
03 Jan 2016 10:00 #28868 von Denus
Denus antwortete auf UCCNC Velocity speed questions
Thank you for the explanation.

So I should set the feedrate in Aspire instead (the G-code generator I'm using) and leave the velocity at 1700?

Eurotools-24 G-500 & custom-made aluminium table
Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC

Mehr
03 Jan 2016 10:07 - 03 Jan 2016 10:09 #28869 von tikka
tikka antwortete auf UCCNC Velocity speed questions
I think so. I left out that I don`t know about UCCNC, so there is a chance that velocity means something else there than in Mach3. Use the velocity setting that works for your machine. I have 1800mm/min (max for SC 1) and it works. After changing something I would be cautious at first (single block, slower feedrate), just in case.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2
Letzte Änderung: 03 Jan 2016 10:09 von tikka.

Mehr
03 Jan 2016 12:50 #28878 von MikeRD03
MikeRD03 antwortete auf UCCNC Velocity speed questions
The MK2 machine has different spindels. So is has different max speed settings which is 3000mm/min on all axis.

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper

Mehr
03 Jan 2016 12:51 #28879 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC Velocity speed questions

Denus schrieb: Thank you for the explanation.

So I should set the feedrate in Aspire instead (the G-code generator I'm using) and leave the velocity at 1700?

That's right. I have 2000mm/min in Velocity (g0) and each toolpath in Aspire has its own Feedrate. After selecting the bit, you click Edit and change the parameters if you need to.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad