file Frage VooDoo DLG

Mehr
05 Jul 2016 19:23 - 05 Jul 2016 19:48 #35508 von leroyo
VooDoo DLG wurde erstellt von leroyo
Hi all « stepies »,
I bought my Stecraft 840 milling machine last year at Intermodellbau (well known « messe » at Dortmund in Germany).
I hesitated a long time before buying a machine and I choose Stepcraft because great communication with Stepcraft team (very needfull when you are a newbie) and because machine is supplied as a kit. It’s great to see how it’s build, it’s a very good way to understand how a CNC work.
I started to work with my CNC with WIN PC-NC, but I never felt very comfortable with this interface, so I switch to UCCNC and Cut3D. Those programms are very intuitive and easy to use (at least for what I do).
I build DLG (Discus Launched Glider), and I need to mill foam core, molds,… to build and mold every piece of the glider. CNC machine is a great way to save my time (when everything goes right) as I can cut all the fabrics like carbon, fiberglas, kevlar,… when the machine mill the wing core, stabs core…
Many thanks to Stepcraft team to supply affordable CNC and many thanks to Rory (from StoneyCNC) for his huge help during installation.
Some pictures here:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2695763#post35183050

LeroyO
Letzte Änderung: 05 Jul 2016 19:48 von leroyo.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Gritschnik

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
07 Jul 2016 06:27 #35554 von jonalm
jonalm antwortete auf VooDoo DLG
Are you cutting the foam wing cores with an endmill and cut3d?

Mehr
08 Jul 2016 09:14 #35628 von leroyo
leroyo antwortete auf VooDoo DLG
Hi Jonalm,

I use Cut3D and a rotary burr to mill my foam.
Foam I use now is like styrofoam, so it's not easy to mill very thin section without damaging the foam.
Rotary burr is what I use as it almost not damaged the foam, even at the thin edge of the wing.

I've tried rohacell foam and it's much more easy to mill because this foam is more rigid.
But the price of Rohacell is pretty high compare to styrodur.

LeroyO