file Frage Time to share....

Mehr
07 Dez 2016 14:06 #40250 von Garth15
Time to share.... wurde erstellt von Garth15
I have now been playing with my Stepcraft 420v2 for over a year now! Tremendous fun and have tackled quite a number of diverse projects and thought it was about time I shared some of my favourites.

Firstly, some miniature cricket bats for my local pub to use as key fobs for their B&B rooms. One of my earliest projects and quite fun doing the relatively simple 3D modelling.

Next is a box made from Bubinga and inlaid with a light wood Beretta logo. The box is designed to hold the chokes and choke key for a friends shotgun.

Next was the primary reason for buying the Stepcraft, to make wooden geared clocks. The one given below is made from steamed Beech for the frame, cherry for the small gears and hands and birch ply for the large gears. Driven by mains powered synchronous motor. It is based on a photo I saw of a clock and took ages to work out gearing ratios, tooth design,arbor distances etc but very satisfying in the end. Learned a lot in the process.

For those that are new to the Stepcraft, hopefully these give an idea of what can be achieved. More to follow!!

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Worldhusky, bvps, hoedur, Andys1957, jvalencia, DocBrown, Jens

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
07 Dez 2016 14:13 #40251 von hoedur
hoedur antwortete auf Time to share....
great works!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Wenn du heute nur das tust - was du gestern schon getan hast - dann bleibst du auch morgen nur da - wo du heute schon bist

Rüdiger
☺☺☺ Lass mal späne produzieren!!! ☺☺☺
Pro Vario 10-05 D200 / Estlcam / WinPcNc USB / Kress 800

vorher: 600er / Estlcam / Mach3 UC100 mit USB...

Mehr
07 Dez 2016 14:25 #40252 von Garth15
Garth15 antwortete auf Time to share....
Following on from my previous post, here are a few more jewellery boxes made for friends, one in Lacewood and another in quarter sawn oak.

And this is one of the most complicated clocks I have built to date. Driven by a magnet on the end of a pendulum which passes a hidden coil which triggers some electronics to drive the magnet away and thus keep it swinging. I can't take credit for the circuitry (ref Dick Bipes) but did manage to make a printed circuit board on the Stepcraft which was a big difference to cutting wood!

And lastly a pair of clocks made entirely from quarter sawn oak (apart from brass arbors and washers) that are driven by simple quartz clock movements that you can get very cheaply. Very low torque so big challenge getting everything balanced and getting friction to a minimum.

I hope you like some of these examples of what can be achieved and am more than happy to share files, information, etc if interested.

Best regards,
Garfield

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: ThomasDbg, bvps, hoedur, peterg1000, Andys1957, jvalencia, DocBrown, Wizzard, jmasterb, AlanUK und 2 andere Leute haben sich zudem bedankt.

Mehr
19 Dez 2016 01:43 #40891 von xDezor
xDezor antwortete auf Time to share....
Wow, those clocks look amazing!

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 20:38 #41765 von MMorao
MMorao antwortete auf Time to share....
Great work on those watches, and your woods you chose have delightful patterns. It must have been a Merry Christmas indeed :)

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Mehr
02 Jan 2017 23:18 #41775 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Time to share....
Very inspiring work! Thanks for sharing.

The clocks are exquisite, the boxes elegant in their simplicity but my favourites are the little cricket bats.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net