file Question 840 almost there but white baseplate problem

More
18 Mar 2017 21:09 #45661 by mr_cg
Have exactly the same problem with my 2/840 diy kit.
The depth milling is by far to less and also the width is by far to much.
:(

CNC: Stepcraft 2/840, Kress 800-Q FME, Estlcam, Deskproto 7 Multi-Axis, Umgestiegen von WinPC NC USB v3 auf UCCNC 1.2049
3D Printer: Prusa MK3S mit MMU2S, Creality CR-10, Anycubic Photon
Twitter: All About 3D Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2017 09:13 - 17 Apr 2017 09:13 #46424 by nigel05
Replied by nigel05 on topic 840 almost there but white baseplate problem
Hi All,

I too have issues with my 840. Got the bed in with a little force with both ends loose to give some room to move.

Then did the y axis limits with the back loose which works, but the machine will not travel completely to the front about 15mm short. Even with the front plate loose.

What is happening is the baseplate is pushing the rails outwards putting tension on the lead screws at the end causing binding.

The only way i can get the full travel is to remove the baseplate.

Machine is all working with no baseplate now and front and rear plates are tight.

Now i go to put the baseplate back in and there is no way its about 0.2-0.3mm to wide at the front to even get it started in the rails.

Any suggestions or ideas, surely i dont have to get a block and start sanding it to fit????????
Last edit: 17 Apr 2017 09:13 by nigel05.

More
17 Apr 2017 10:11 #46425 by peterg1000
Replied by peterg1000 on topic 840 almost there but white baseplate problem
Hi,

You've hit the nail on the head unfortunately!!

Get all your "tuning" done without the baseplate fitted, then "adjust" it with block and sandpaper. Don't overdo the sanding, otherwise the base might move with machining forces/vibration.

Good luck with it.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.