file Frage 4th axis module for bespoke application

Mehr
19 Feb 2015 16:10 #16068 von jcc26
4th axis module for bespoke application wurde erstellt von jcc26
Hi,

I have a StepCraft 300 machine.

I want to know whether adding the 4th axis module with the upgrade to WinPC-NC software will allow me to 'plug in' a Stepper motor of my own with a 9 pin D‐sub male connector and run 4 axis gcode?

Or is the 4th axis module somehow constrained to using the Circular table with three jaw chuck?

Many thanks,

Jack

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
19 Feb 2015 16:45 #16069 von MagIO2
Maybe you can give the answer to yourself. How should it be constrained? :whistle:

The only constrain is that the motor should at least be able to handle the max. currency that can be expected from the module.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: jcc26

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
19 Feb 2015 18:48 #16070 von MagIO2
Can you tell a bit more about the application you have in mind?

Of course the circular table also applies a transmission. This means that one revolution of the motor only causes a partial revolution of the working piece. If you don't apply a transmission in your application the resolution would be pretty poor.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
20 Feb 2015 10:51 #16083 von jcc26
Thanks!

I thought as much.

I'm planning on putting a RepRap 3D printer extruder on my StepCraft. The extruder should have the necessary reduction ratio in its transmission.