file Frage Automatic X,Y,Z Zero tool ?

• badgersurfer
  • badgersurfers Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
02 Aug 2016 12:13 #36276 von badgersurfer
Automatic X,Y,Z Zero tool ? wurde erstellt von badgersurfer
I am awaiting delivery of my Stepcraft 420 and reading through the various manuals etc. One item I noticed was the the Z zero accessory.
I had a look on YouTube and watched this video of a guy that had made one to set on the corner of his material to set x,y,z. His was designed for the xcarve with an arduino controller.
This seems to me simple to make, and a lot more useful. Has anyone made one?
If not, any idea of whether it can be set up for the Stepcraft 420, what pins would I need to use and would it work on the UUCNC software?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
02 Aug 2016 12:29 #36277 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf Automatic X,Y,Z Zero tool ?
Hi,

currently there is no such function implemented in UCCNC but I think it can be made with a macro.

I'm using as an alternative to my UCCNC the software ESTLCAM. Main function is "CAM", but SW has also an optional CNC part which uses an ARDUINO UNO as a CNC Controller. And here this function is implemented. See this video here:

Automatic...

The SW can also be switched to English and can be downloaded and used for free but the more you use the more the SW is pausing. So if you like the SW it's better to pay for it.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: badgersurfer

• badgersurfer
  • badgersurfers Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
02 Aug 2016 16:30 #36287 von badgersurfer
badgersurfer antwortete auf Automatic X,Y,Z Zero tool ?
Any ideas what is inside the Stepcraft Tool height gizmo?

Mehr
31 Aug 2016 12:07 - 31 Aug 2016 12:11 #37069 von Evan
Evan antwortete auf Automatic X,Y,Z Zero tool ?
Hi Badgersurfer,

It is a small micro switch.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 31 Aug 2016 12:11 von Evan.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: badgersurfer

Mehr
31 Aug 2016 13:43 #37071 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Automatic X,Y,Z Zero tool ?
Hi,

If you are thinking of a DIY unit, be very careful that the microswitch you choose is properly specified. The cheapo ones from China usually have nothing as regards over travel or differential travel etc mentioned in their specification.

One which might be acceptable is a Honeywell ZX10C10A01 which has these parameters specified on their data sheet. This one has a specified differential travel of 0.3mm (0.012")max, so presumably repeatability would be somewhat better than this - by how much is anybody's guess. They are low cost anyway, <$1.50 in 1off's - lots of stockists too in US and UK.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
31 Aug 2016 14:13 #37072 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf Automatic X,Y,Z Zero tool ?
Hi,

this kind of tool is possible with EstlCam.
It is called touch plate.
There is a video available on the EstlCam Web page: EstlCam
Scroll down on the first page.

EstlCam can be connected to the parallel port of the Stepcraft via an Arduino Uno.
Works like a charm and is very powerfull. I made this modification and I don't have any need for UCCNC anymore.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;