file Frage Z-axis Stopped working

Mehr
06 Feb 2017 00:07 #43832 von pjaromin
Z-axis Stopped working wurde erstellt von pjaromin
I've used my Stepcraft 2/600 successfully for several weeks now without a problem. Today I flipped it on its side to install a tool length sensor. When I put it back upright and powered it on, I found the Z-axis would no longer move. Thinking it was the wiring (no motor sound at all when I hit Z-), I removed the tool sensor wires and re-inserted/tightened the wiring block for the Z-axis motor. Unfortunately this didn't solve my problem.

At VERY low speed (high torque?) it mostly works (up and down) though still jams occasionally. Anything higher than around 10 though and it won't move at all, motor just hums. I removed the spindle mount and eased the screw by hand - it spins very easily. I also cleaned out the grease and loosened the bearings a bit to see if that would help. No joy.

When it does move I can see a bit of wobble in the bottom screw bearing at the spindle mount. So the screw's clearly no longer spinning straight. The wire length on the motor isn't long enough to remove the whole assembly as one, so now I'm trying to work out the best strategy for fixing what I'm guessing (hoping) is just a misalignment.

Suggestions?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
11 Feb 2017 21:13 #44171 von pjaromin
pjaromin antwortete auf Z-axis Stopped working
Stepcraft support worked with me through their ticketing system on this one. After fussing with the motor and axis assembly without luck I simply swapped the the wiring of the Z-axis motor and X-axis motor on the controller. This issue "swapped" as well (working Z-axis, bad X-axis), making it clear the problem was in the controller board, not the mechanics.

Support overnighted me the replacement which arrived today and my cnc is back up and running.
This was resolved quickly and positively.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.