file Frage Vibration Damping for Machine and Spindle

Mehr
05 Jan 2018 13:54 - 05 Jan 2018 13:55 #52036 von Doug
Hi.

Quick question (apologies if it has already been covered). I was wondering if anybody has fitted any kind of vibration damping to any part of their machine or spindle.

I have noticed a lot of vibration in the system, particularly when milling rigid, unyielding materials such as aluminium or perspex/acrylic. Thankfully my machine has resisted all this without anything working loose, but I did wonder whether anybody has made any attempt to reduce system vibration.

During routine cleaning and removal of the MDF spoil board last night, the front two feet came off as the machine moved which is what got me thinking about whether there is a better solution.

I am also thinking that fixing some rubber to the side of the spindle would help. During a plastic sheet cut, I placed my hand on the spindle and that acted to damp out some vibration.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 05 Jan 2018 13:55 von Doug.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.