file Frage Stepcraft 2 again with Nema 17 instead of Nema 23!

Mehr
31 Mär 2015 19:21 - 31 Mär 2015 19:22 #18054 von Papje
Is it not disappointing that stepcraft 2 is not with Nema 23 motors, but again with the weaker Nema 17 motors?

Autodesk Inventor 3D / Altium PCB Designer / 3D printing / Winpc-NC / UCCNC / Mach3 / Proxcon IBS/E > Stepcraft 2/600 - Google translate Dutch > German is my best friend
Letzte Änderung: 31 Mär 2015 19:22 von Papje.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
31 Mär 2015 21:14 #18063 von tikka

Papje schrieb: Is it not disappointing that stepcraft 2 is not with Nema 23 motors, but again with the weaker Nema 17 motors?

It kind of seems so. At first I got exited because I saw the 3000m/min figure, but then saw the same 1,4 A motors. Increased voltage might give better performance, but the threaded rod is 10x3. So now one turn gives 3mm instead of 2mm as before. Doesn`t this mean less torque? Looks like the increased speed came at the expense of ability to do more work. I could be wrong and misjudge the situation.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

• der_michel
  • der_michels Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • ich_war_es_nicht
Mehr
31 Mär 2015 23:38 #18083 von der_michel
You can buy Nema 17 with decent torque(My i.e. have 65ncm), and i guess for Nema 23 with > 1Nm SC need a complete redesign of the mechanics.

there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont

Stepkraft 2 840++, Kress 1050, Mach 3, Estlcam, Corel Draw, VCarve, PhotoVCarve, Vakuumtisch, Absaugung.

Beruf: Informatiker und IT Security Experte
(++ = Bessere Steuerung, stärkere Stepper)

Mehr
01 Apr 2015 08:47 - 01 Apr 2015 08:51 #18093 von bvs
I work With SC 840 original setting and im able to cut hard wood (Buche) With 8 mm tool f30 s20000
4mm deep full cut.

But AS well AS With a car With 450 horsepower, you can tune the SC without Any limits! :side:
Letzte Änderung: 01 Apr 2015 08:51 von bvs.

Mehr
01 Apr 2015 16:44 #18114 von Rory
With the motors as standard 4000mm/min in X and Y is achievable for rapids if shes tuned well.

Running a stepper motor at a higher voltage can significantly improve the performance.

Run a NEMA 23 on 24V DC and then on 75V DC and consider the difference.

A well powered nema 23 will kill a STEPCRAFT

Mehr
21 Aug 2015 21:15 #24456 von jvalencia

bvs schrieb: I work With SC 840 original setting and im able to cut hard wood (Buche) With 8 mm tool f30 s20000
4mm deep full cut.

But AS well AS With a car With 450 horsepower, you can tune the SC without Any limits! :side:

I tried cutting hard wood at 3mm depth and my Z axis lost a lot of steps. Definitely not trying that depth again.

Can the Z axis motor be changed to one like the Y axis? I mean, both are the same voltage but the Y axis has more power, correct???

I suppose the electronics can handle that.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
24 Aug 2015 16:37 #24504 von tikka

jvalencia schrieb: I tried cutting hard wood at 3mm depth and my Z axis lost a lot of steps. Definitely not trying that depth again.

Sorry but that doesn`t make much sense to me. You mean X axis?

Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3

Mehr
24 Aug 2015 21:37 #24512 von jvalencia

tikka schrieb:

jvalencia schrieb: I tried cutting hard wood at 3mm depth and my Z axis lost a lot of steps. Definitely not trying that depth again.

Sorry but that doesn`t make much sense to me. You mean X axis?

The Z axis, if you enter a hard material at a certain speed, the motor will be forced for a while and will lose steps in each pass.

I'm adding ramps to every toolpath from now on to minimize this effect. And also slowing the plunge a bit.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
25 Aug 2015 17:21 #24536 von tikka

jvalencia schrieb: The Z axis, if you enter a hard material at a certain speed, the motor will be forced for a while and will lose steps in each pass.

I'm adding ramps to every toolpath from now on to minimize this effect. And also slowing the plunge a bit.

If your X and Y axis have no problems at cutting 3mm deep then all you need to do is to reduce the plunge, add ramps etc as you said. Cutting depth shouldn`t influence Z axis movement. I think you could say that Z axis "cutting depth" is the horizontal cross section of your milling bit.

Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3