file Frage Tool Diameter compensation

• Stuart Mellor
  • Stuart Mellors Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
22 Nov 2014 00:09 #10909 von Stuart Mellor
Tool Diameter compensation wurde erstellt von Stuart Mellor
Hi, Have had a 600 machine for a few months & really enjoying using it. Primarily for cutting model aircraft parts in wood & carbon fibre. I am still using the basic software supplied with the machine & there is no tool diameter compensation.... I import HPGL files from my old DOS (yes!) 2d cad system & have to modify the drawings for tool diameter.
If I update to the next Stepcraft software - is there a tool diameter compenstion facility? have looked at the software - but can't see where this facility is.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
22 Nov 2014 00:29 #10911 von Alfred_61
Alfred_61 antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
Hallo,

make it with Estlcam (the free version) you can choose every diameter.

lg
alfred

SC 600
Proxxon IBS/E
QCAD
Estlcam
Win PC NC USB

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
22 Nov 2014 17:54 #10951 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
No, WinPC NC is no CAM Software, it's only a piece of software to control the machine.

With EstlCAM you have to choose the right settings (winpc nc full or starter) and it will create the right files. *.plt for starter or *.din? for the full version. The most important difference between full and starter is, that the starter can only do 2D.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

• Stuart Mellor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
22 Nov 2014 22:14 #10968 von Stuart Mellor
Stuart Mellor antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
Hi all,
thanks for prompt replies. The Estlcam software seems good value & I will probably go that route. Could I ask the following - I like 'turn key' systems ( Im not a cnc buff) & the Stepcraft is certainly that & worked first time, so :

1. Does Estlecam 'take over' the machine or are the menu functions of starter-nc still active.
2. Is it simple to set up?
3. Can I still use Starter NC as an option?

I only need 2d & be able to import HPGL files.
Thanks again

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
22 Nov 2014 22:33 #10971 von MagIO2
The USB board sold with WinPC NC is only usable with this Software. So, Estlcam is only a CAM software in this combination.
If you have some exerience with electronics, you can buy an Arduino, build a cable which replaces the USB board and directly mill out of EstlCAM.

In my version of EstlCAM I can only load dxf- or stl-files. In the setting-tab and cnc program sub-tab you select the right target software and EstlCAM will generate the right files when generating the NC file.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
23 Nov 2014 15:28 #11018 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
The full WinPC software is a Gcode interpreter. You will need to generate toolpaths to use this. The toolpath generator is where you will get the "tool radius compensation". this is often called the "CAM" software. this converts the DXF files into Gcode.

We use Cut2D form Vectric. this should be compatible with WinPC full version. It is compatible with Mach3 and UCCNC. you select your geometry and tell the Cut2D what cutter you are using and it will compensate for this in the toolpath which you then load into WinPC.

WinPC starter cannot be used like this.

• Stuart Mellor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
24 Nov 2014 20:41 #11075 von Stuart Mellor
Stuart Mellor antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
Hi all,
Have looked at Estlecam download - but it will only accept .dxf files - not HPGL which I would need. However, it certainly looks like tool paths can be generated (Have loaded some dxf files & experimented, but not tried routing as yet)

Pity, because the next step in software looks very expensive. There is another laborious way out though - using the contour command in Techsoft & exporting to hpgl - but not ideal.

Mehr
24 Nov 2014 22:09 #11081 von drilldevil
drilldevil antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
converter

the world is a google .............

Andreas

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
25 Nov 2014 07:41 #11091 von MagIO2
Something like Inkscape might also work. At least it allows *.plt as input file and *.dxf as output.

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
29 Nov 2014 07:14 #11283 von tugwilson
tugwilson antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
as I read this your looking for a program that will compensate for the tool dia when cutting out your job, well as Rory has said, cut2d uses the tool use reporter to automatically compensate for the dia tool your using all you have to do is make sure the selection at the top of the window has the right tool plus data in the program does the rest. oh yes and you can designate whether you want it to cut on, inside or outside the drawing. using this program along with UCCNC it's a doddle.

regards Tug

Mehr
29 Nov 2014 11:15 #11291 von Alfred_61
Alfred_61 antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
the programcompensation does not realy know how thick your tool exactly is.
you have to write your measured diameter in the programm.
In my case, I have to write 1,7mm for a 1,5mm milling cutter.

regards
alfred

SC 600
Proxxon IBS/E
QCAD
Estlcam
Win PC NC USB
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rory

Mehr
29 Nov 2014 16:13 #11298 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf Tool Diameter compensation
yes - you need to tell all CAM packaged what the cutting diameter of your tool is. And then put the correct tool in the machine.

more high end CAM packages can account for tool length also.