question-circle Frage UCCNC+UC100 parameters for StepCraft 840

Mehr
22 Mär 2015 19:03 #17594 von fsteffen
UCCNC+UC100 parameters for StepCraft 840 wurde erstellt von fsteffen
Hello,

I've juste received my StepCraft 840. The mechanical assembly is done but now I have to configure the software. My setup consists of UCCNC software with a UC100 USB to Parallel dongle. Does anyone have a configuration file for the StepCraft 840 ? I'm not able to find any parameters for the new SC840 online or in the printed manual, only for the older models…

Many thanks!
Florian

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
22 Mär 2015 19:54 #17599 von coanda
They should be on the plain disc you got with your package - open it up and you should see a number of folders, go through the folders a step at a time and you should be sorted. (at least this is how I did it with the StoneyCNC supplied kit.

Mehr
22 Mär 2015 21:28 #17603 von fsteffen
Thank you very much for your answer. I didn't buy my stepcraft through StoneyCNC but through Sorotec. There is no disc nor any information on how the parallel port is wired.

Mehr
23 Mär 2015 00:44 #17617 von coanda
No problem.

So you have the uc100 parallel port device plugged in to the parallel port card on the machine?

To have the software operate outside of demo mode, you will need a license file - was that supplied to you?

Mehr
23 Mär 2015 10:29 #17631 von fsteffen
Yes, the UC100 is connected to the parallel port of the SC840 and UCCNC is installed on my PC. I have successfully installed my license file, the software is running in "full mode". What I'm missing is the configuration file/information: which pin does what, machine acceleration, advance per turn, etc. I tried with the configuration for the older models (found on the stepcraft support website), but the wiring seems to be different on the SC840 as nothing is working…

Mehr
23 Mär 2015 17:22 #17650 von tikka

fsteffen schrieb: Yes, the UC100 is connected to the parallel port of the SC840 and UCCNC is installed on my PC. I have successfully installed my license file, the software is running in "full mode". What I'm missing is the configuration file/information: which pin does what, machine acceleration, advance per turn, etc. I tried with the configuration for the older models (found on the stepcraft support website), but the wiring seems to be different on the SC840 as nothing is working…

Aren`t there any pin assignment charts in Operating Instructions? I also ordered my 600SF from Sorotec and the information was under "6. Techincal Data".

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Mehr
23 Mär 2015 23:19 #17669 von fsteffen
You're right. I have a a chart in the operating instructions, except it is for the older machines. I don't know if it is a mistake from StepCraft or if the manual hasn't been updated yet for the 840, but the operating instructions only mention the SC300, 420 and 600. The mechanical specs are obviously not the same, but apparently the electronic has changed too. I've tried with the settings as specified in this manual but it is not working with the 840.

Mehr
23 Mär 2015 23:41 #17671 von coanda
I think, at this point you need to get back to Sorotec and ask them for a profile. If that fails to get you a profile, Rory might be willing to help.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: fsteffen

Mehr
24 Mär 2015 11:10 #17684 von fsteffen
I did contact Sorotec and also StepCraft, but I'm still waiting for an answer… But anyway, thank you very much for your help ! I'll try to contact Rory if I didn't heard back from the seller/manufacturer in a few days.

Mehr
25 Mär 2015 10:28 #17721 von fsteffen
Sorotec answered and told me the electronics were the same in the 840. Indeed it was a mistake on my side, I did configure properly UCCNC but didn't apply my changes afterwards… :oops: I also asked them for the mechanical parameters (velocity, acceleration, running, etc.) but haven't got an answer back yet, so my machine is still not working properly.

Mehr
27 Mär 2015 20:43 #17859 von tikka

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: fsteffen

Mehr
28 Mär 2015 18:44 #17903 von Rory
Calibration values are 133.33 as the ballscrew pitch is different. So the V1 profiles will move more than programmed as they are 200 steps per unit (mm).

We have UCCNC profile for 840 - send us an email. Apologies if you already have - send again - VERY busy at the moment

Rory

Mehr
30 Mär 2015 11:58 #17994 von fsteffen
Many thanks for the link ! There is much more information here that what is provided on the SC site or in the manuals… I was able to configure properly my machine over the week-end. I'll still have to configure the spindle (HF500)…

Mehr
30 Mär 2015 12:02 #17995 von fsteffen
Thanks for those information ! I was able to configure the machine saturday with the information on the kickstarter pages… SC sent me some PDFs and a Mach3 profile you wrote, both are very helpful and much better than the SC own documentation. Great job!

I sent you a private message a few days ago, I'll send you an email then.

Florian

Mehr
30 Mär 2015 21:38 - 30 Mär 2015 21:41 #18014 von frankjoke
frankjoke antwortete auf UCCNC+UC100 parameters for StepCraft 840
Ok,

the HF500 spindle took a day of my tests to install, but finally I managed with help of the web.

Important my (600 setup):
Spindle is on Step pin 17, port 1
Dir pin & port are 0
Output #1 pin 1, port 1 need to be enabled as well
On Spindle setup enable use spindle motor output, set M3 & M4 outputs to 1, set PWM control, PWM Freq to 1000 and minimum to 20%
Oh yes, you need to configure also a pulley, I used 0 to 20000 rpm and ratio 1, whatever pulley generated need to be active in the settings page.

The above will setup the spindle to operate from 4000-20000 RPM in Mach3, and it was for me relative accurate (+-500rpm).

Maybe it helps you to install the HF spindle in 5 min :)

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge
Letzte Änderung: 30 Mär 2015 21:41 von frankjoke.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rory, fsteffen, MRush

Mehr
31 Mär 2015 09:39 #18031 von Rory
GReat job - this will help other users a lot

can you get linear spindle speed control? Are you using UCCNC for the spindle control?

Mehr
31 Mär 2015 21:43 #18067 von fsteffen
Thanks a lot! It was may be not a 5 minutes job, but your help is greatly appreciated ! For some reason I had to mark output 1 has active low in UCCNC, but otherwise it is working great. The reported rpm on the electronic box is systematically lower (by a few percent) than what is set in UCCNC, I'll see if I can tweak the setting a bit later on. For information, I tried with a few different freq but it was not really working well, the spindle was not running smoothly with anything lower than ~750Hz and simply stopped running with anything higher than ~1500Hz (Rory mentioned in a private email a problem with the response time of the optocouplers).

I still have to test everything more thoroughly, but my system seems to be working correctly now. I'll post some screenshots of my configuration when I'm done with my tests.

Mehr
01 Dez 2015 09:59 #27732 von pascaldb
this may be an late answer

i just want to thank you all with your sharing of data
and to rory of stoney cnc for the 840 profiles.

this forum has helped me to set up my 840 with hf500 spindle using uccnc

Mehr
12 Dez 2017 12:33 #51616 von Osmo
Any help for the parameter? I have 2 840 with the HF 500 spindle and I'm missing the parameters