file Frage UCCNC jogging.

Mehr
30 Aug 2015 23:32 #24709 von peterg1000
UCCNC jogging. wurde erstellt von peterg1000
Hi,

I've been using the UCCNC jogging facility extensively today, and on several occasions it has failed to operate. The jogging pop up appears as normal, but clicking on the axis move buttons has no effect whatsoever.

I dont recall doing anything specific to precipitate this lock up, and so far haven't found any way of rectifying the situation apart from closing UCCNC down and restarting it.

Whilst in this locked state everything else appears to work fine - i.e.executing G code and returning to the home position. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it peculiar to my setup?? I'm using WinXP Prof on a Dell 610 laptop.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
31 Aug 2015 00:02 #24710 von hale2160
hale2160 antwortete auf UCCNC jogging.
I have found that if anything goes wrong with UCCNC the best option is to close it down and restart. I had put this down to the laptop ( a Dell running Vista!!) getting dust in the keyboard. The laptop makes funny beeping noises and the cursor keys don't work properly, my it's a issue with UCCNC?

A thread on UCCNC would be very interesting, I find the operating manual totally baffling.

Hal

SC840, HF500, UCNNC, Vcarve Pro, Turbo Cad

Mehr
31 Aug 2015 09:48 #24714 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC jogging.
Sometimes I forget that the jogging is set to STEPS instead of Continuous mode and it can look like the machine isn't working.

I suppose this is not your case (??)

Also, if you just hit FEED HOLD, the jog won't work in that mode.

just my 2 cents.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
31 Aug 2015 09:50 #24715 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf UCCNC jogging.
Hi Hal

You mean you actually READ the manual!!!!!!!!! It's not the best one I have come across.

I second your idea of a separate thread for UCCNC - be nice to have all the low down in one place.

Peter

UC100 + UCCNC

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
31 Aug 2015 09:54 #24716 von WolframSlides
WolframSlides antwortete auf UCCNC jogging.
Check that no text input boxes are highlighted. It's not enough just for the jog panel to be visible, if UCCNC is expecting keyboard input anywhere then any keypresses will go there, rather than to the jog function.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: peterg1000

Mehr
31 Aug 2015 11:43 #24718 von hale2160
hale2160 antwortete auf UCCNC jogging.
Hi Peter,

Not exactly read it, more glazed over! I'm sure I'm missing loads of features of this software.

Hal

SC840, HF500, UCNNC, Vcarve Pro, Turbo Cad

Mehr
31 Aug 2015 18:29 #24730 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf UCCNC jogging.

WolframSlides schrieb: Check that no text input boxes are highlighted. It's not enough just for the jog panel to be visible, if UCCNC is expecting keyboard input anywhere then any keypresses will go there, rather than to the jog function.

if the MDI box or any of the DRO boxes have a text cursor active then the UCCNC will be expecting a key stroke. If it happens again - hit "enter key" and then try - it should clear the flashing text cursor where its clicked (can happen if you click by accident somewhere in the screen)

Mehr
31 Aug 2015 18:34 - 31 Aug 2015 18:41 #24731 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf UCCNC jogging.
Hi "WolframSlides"

Thanks for that thought - I did a check this morning and what you say is absolutely correct. So I thought that I must have inadvertently done as you suggest.

I have been using jogging extensively again today without any problems until just now!! Same lock up occurred - and definitely had no text boxes activated, so I perhaps there really is a bug in the software unfortunately.

Just seen your suggestion Rory - I am pretty sure nothing was accidentally open, but I will check the MDI box specifically next time it happens. I'll also press "enter" to see if that releases the jog utility.

I think I may have unearthed another bug in the backlash compensation routines as well (aren't I the lucky one!!), and I'll open another topic to cover that later.

Peter.

UC100 + UCCNC

Letzte Änderung: 31 Aug 2015 18:41 von peterg1000. Grund: Additional information

Mehr
31 Aug 2015 21:16 #24738 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC jogging.
Be careful when hitting "enter", because if you typed random things on the input boxes, you'll override your current coordinates and it can crash your tool if you restart the cycle.

Also check that the UCCNC window has the focus.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad