file Frage UCCNC Software Bugs

Mehr
28 Sep 2015 17:24 #25408 von finch
UCCNC Software Bugs wurde erstellt von finch
Hello guys,

I've been experimenting with the new UCCNC software, and have noticed a few issues.

1. The stepcraft840(2) default setup is with the z axis at zero when tool is up, and when it moves down towards the material, it goes negative - which is fine, BUT the UCCNC Tool Length Sensor button, always sends the Z axis in the Positive direction if you press the button ( Ie - it never touches the sensor ) Is there a way to configure the tool length sensor to move negative instead of positive? and also a way to program in the sensor height ?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
29 Sep 2015 11:23 - 29 Sep 2015 11:23 #25426 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf UCCNC Software Bugs
Make sure your "probe pin" is set to the pin you have connected the probe to. Should be pin 10. Go to the diagnostic screen and check that pin 10 is changing state as you press the probe pin. This ensures the signal is getting to the correct pin and you then assign the probe setting to this pin (pin 10 port 1).

Then you need to make sure you understand what the macro is doing.

Then copy the atached file to C:\UCCNC\Profiles\Macro_YOUR_PROFILE

file needs to be just M31.txt so remove the date from the file (forum adds these)

And the probe should work like this

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 29 Sep 2015 11:23 von Rory.

Mehr
30 Sep 2015 13:09 #25463 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC Software Bugs

Rory schrieb: Make sure your "probe pin" is set to the pin you have connected the probe to. Should be pin 10. Go to the diagnostic screen and check that pin 10 is changing state as you press the probe pin. This ensures the signal is getting to the correct pin and you then assign the probe setting to this pin (pin 10 port 1).

file needs to be just M31.txt so remove the date from the file (forum adds these)

Hi Rory, I've seen the macro and saw 2 things:

- newZ = 33
        This should be changed to whatever height your probe device is, isn't it? I 
        suppose 33 is your probe button device I see in the video. I would change that
        variable name to ProbeHeight for example.

- while(exec.IsMoving()){}
        Wouldn't it be better to add another line like this to the macro start, so if 
        the machine is moving and you hit the probe button by error, it won't stop 
        until finished?

I modified it a bit and attached it here, but it's not tested since I don't own a probe right now (I'll have to make one myself). If you test it let us know :)

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rory

Mehr
30 Sep 2015 16:24 #25469 von finch
finch antwortete auf UCCNC Software Bugs
Thanks guys - that worked a treat

Mehr
01 Okt 2015 11:46 #25494 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf UCCNC Software Bugs

jvalencia schrieb:

Rory schrieb: Make sure your "probe pin" is set to the pin you have connected the probe to. Should be pin 10. Go to the diagnostic screen and check that pin 10 is changing state as you press the probe pin. This ensures the signal is getting to the correct pin and you then assign the probe setting to this pin (pin 10 port 1).

Hi Rory, I've seen the macro and saw 2 things:

- newZ = 33
        This should be changed to whatever height your probe device is, isn't it? I 
        suppose 33 is your probe button device I see in the video. I would change that
        variable name to ProbeHeight for example.

- while(exec.IsMoving()){}
        Wouldn't it be better to add another line like this to the macro start, so if 
        the machine is moving and you hit the probe button by error, it won't stop 
        until finished?

I modified it a bit and attached it here, but it's not tested since I don't own a probe right now (I'll have to make one myself). If you test it let us know :)

yes for sure :) there are many ways of doing it - will test that one you have modified when time allows. thanks for the input.