file Frage please help with winpcnc

Mehr
21 Okt 2015 09:21 #26116 von shaneS
please help with winpcnc wurde erstellt von shaneS
Well ive purchase and built my cnc machine. Ive managed to setup and do my first cuts with the machine. What I cant do is open saved illustrator files in winpcnc. Is there a trick to jt? Do you have to buy the full version to do this? Please help.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Okt 2015 10:41 #26117 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf please help with winpcnc
you need a CAM software to translate your vector graphics into machine code.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
21 Okt 2015 17:55 - 21 Okt 2015 17:58 #26129 von shaneS
shaneS antwortete auf please help with winpcnc
Thanks for your help. Although I purchased this machine with the program included as a cost effective way to get into this CNC Malarky. After spending the better part of the day searching as well as contacting the helpful folks at stepcraft I've downloaded an update from their German site. it was the second link down. I then had to uninstall the program completely, looking into the C drive to find the folder and delete it as well. I then re installed WinPCNC then unzipped the update file onto the desktop. I then had to copy those files into the the WinPCNC Starter file on my C drive.

OK now I get more parameters and little things to play with that I'm not so sure what I'm doing but I guess I'll get there. REMEBER I COULDN'T OPEN EPS FILES FROM ILLUSTRATOR. So here's what I've had to do. I generally make my artboard 420x300 so I know what I'm working with on the CNC machine. I save my artwork as eps but when the large pop up shows it'self you have to select a legacy version of illustrator like illustrator 8. It seems WinPCNC doesn't like newer versions of illustrator.

This is as far as I've gotten because my machine is at home and my computer there is dead. So tomorrow I shall try to cut and report back to you all.
Letzte Änderung: 21 Okt 2015 17:58 von shaneS.

Mehr
22 Okt 2015 23:27 #26164 von shaneS
Well a bit of an update. It works! Although not without its quirks and niggles. The program managed to go back to the first one I had. Dont ask me how. So again back to something I kind of knew. Kind of. The program doesnt knowmthe machine parameters and seems to refuse to remember them even if you save them. Hmmmmm. Im no genius when it comes to programs but I kind of think this one is crap. Anyhow I shall muscle on until I can aford a better one. So!

Open file into winpcnc making sure to save x0000 y419.000 z000. You manualy have to jog to location. Your machine might even be out of center but go to the location and continue even though the motors are complaining a bit. You wont be too far off anyhow. Next set your park location. Where ever you like. This is your finish if you like. Then follow instructions for setting up your dremel depth setings. Problem is your artwork is way out in no whers land. Thankfully there is a little almost useless pushpin that if you bugger with it enough you'll get the artwork almost where you need it. Its like changing the living room around for your grandmother. There... no there... no there... no wait... there. It's dead shite!

Well I managed to get the stuff cut, it worked. Now to save some dosh for a more intuitive program.

Mehr
22 Okt 2015 23:36 #26165 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf please help with winpcnc
Shane,

As and when your budget will run to it, do seriously consider UCCNC and a UC100 interface unit.

This combination works brilliantly and the screen interface is intuitive and comprehensive. The machine profile is a straightforward text file that can be viewed, modified and saved from within UCCNC.

I hasten to add that I have no connection whatsoever with the package, beyond being a satisfied user.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: shaneS

Mehr
11 Nov 2015 08:41 #26816 von shaneS
I gave in. Got fed up with how horrible sinpcnc is and purchased UCCNC. It was a PITA to install and now I have to learn another program. Ugh! But once I do its got to beter than what I had.