file Frage I have a stepcraft 300 LPT that I can not control

Mehr
21 Dez 2015 14:28 #28402 von Chiaretti
Hello and congratulations for the forum.
I have a stepcraft 300 LPT that I can not control it using Mach3.
I loaded the configuration file in Mach3 but I can not move any of the three engines. I get an error initial emergency button and it will go.
Even if I choose to solve them directly in Mach3 errors the problem is not solved.
Also I do not know how I have to set the parallel port suyl Bios I have the following possibilities:
SSP, EPP, ECP, ECP + EPP or Normal.
You can help me thank you very much and happy holidays

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Dez 2015 15:42 #28406 von MikeRD03
Welcome to the forum, well ECP+EPP is the correct setting and it seams you do have the wrong port address in your config. The predefined cfg settings aren't plug&play. At least you have to set up your own port address (ports&settings) before any axis may move. In case you are using an internal parallel port and it is set to port one your address is likely to be $0378.
If u have a parallel card you have to look up the correct address in the Windows driver settings.

best, Mike

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper

Mehr
21 Dez 2015 16:57 #28410 von Chiaretti
Thank you very much for having answered
Now I set the bios ECP + EPP.
I do not have a parallel board outside but the parallel port is included in the PC motherboard.
I say that I have to set the port address, but I have to set on Mach3?
Where and how do I set the port address?
Thank you

Mehr
21 Dez 2015 18:11 - 21 Dez 2015 18:14 #28414 von tikka
Did you check the Mach3 installation guide under product manuals: Mach3 Mill Installation and Configuration Guide
If you press offline mode and reset blinking emergency switch then can you see the axis coordinates to move when pressing relevant keys?

Make sure your machine emergency switch is not pushed in.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2
Letzte Änderung: 21 Dez 2015 18:14 von tikka.

Mehr
21 Dez 2015 18:24 - 21 Dez 2015 18:39 #28415 von Chiaretti
I have news
Finally I was able to move the stepcraft.
He had to write under port enabled 0x378.
The stepcraft performs the movements correctly.
I set to Motor tuning
Steps 400 -Velocity 1200 - Aceleration 200 on all 3 axes may be okay?
Instead by pressing the red stop Mach3 does not stop and the green LED of the reset button flashes.
The problem was solved by configuring Input signals Estop Port # 1 and Pin number 11. I hope that this configuration can serve others.
Now as proceed to set x - y and z home?
I see from table on pin 12 .Must be configured as active Hi?

Thank you
Letzte Änderung: 21 Dez 2015 18:39 von Chiaretti.

Mehr
21 Dez 2015 23:50 - 21 Dez 2015 23:51 #28435 von MikeRD03
Correct me if I am wrong - the small 300 has the old gear with 200 steps per mm? This means steps:200 velocity:1800 acceleration:600

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper
Letzte Änderung: 21 Dez 2015 23:51 von MikeRD03.

Mehr
22 Dez 2015 18:04 #28469 von tikka

MikeRD03 schrieb: Correct me if I am wrong - the small 300 has the old gear with 200 steps per mm? This means steps:200 velocity:1800 acceleration:600

Looks like version 2 has 3000mm/min velocity. I don`t have information about what V2 owners use. I think it has been discussed somewhere in the forum before. some info on lower part of kickstarter campaign page

Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3

Mehr
22 Dez 2015 23:06 #28484 von Chiaretti
Thanks again for having responded to me.
I have the stepcraft 300 LPT version 2.
Parameters 400 - 1200 - 200 I found them on a data sheet provided by stepcraft But putting these parameters by moving the car every now and feel a sharp sound that is by moving the x axis y that I can not figure out what may depend . I also have the z axis uch noisy think that should ease somewhat bushing bronze flowing with the screw.
What do you think ?
Thank you

Mehr
23 Dez 2015 07:54 #28487 von tikka

Chiaretti schrieb: Thanks again for having responded to me.
I have the stepcraft 300 LPT version 2.
Parameters 400 - 1200 - 200 I found them on a data sheet provided by stepcraft But putting these parameters by moving the car every now and feel a sharp sound that is by moving the x axis y that I can not figure out what may depend . I also have the z axis uch noisy think that should ease somewhat bushing bronze flowing with the screw.
What do you think ?
Thank you

Steps per unit is probably wrong. 400 should be steps per rotation. If threaded rod takes you 3mm per rotation then steps per unit should be... Click here to check your answer. So steps per unit: 133,33...

Stepcraft should be good with up to 3000mm/min rapid movement (velocity setting). 200 for acceleration seems good at least as a starting point. Some may use a different acceleration setting for various reasons and version 2 is faster than V1.

I don`t exactly understand the problem with the bronze bushing so can`t comment on that.

Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3

Mehr
23 Dez 2015 10:37 - 23 Dez 2015 10:41 #28490 von Chiaretti
Thanks again for having responded to me.
I have found a configuration file marked stepcraft put it attached so it can be useful to all.
In pdf there are several parameters now I do not know if they are related to stepcraft version 1?
What do you think ?

Also you have to be on Kickstarter supporter to read articles like gets to be supporter?
I have registered with Kick but still can not read the articles.

Thank you
Letzte Änderung: 23 Dez 2015 10:41 von Chiaretti.