file Frage UCCNC CPU usage

Mehr
05 Feb 2016 14:25 - 05 Feb 2016 14:31 #30212 von oobayly
UCCNC CPU usage wurde erstellt von oobayly
After finally having the time to finish my Stepcraft machine, I'm having the some issues with the CPU usage of UCCNC.

CPU: AMD Athlon Dual Core 2GHz
RAM: 4GB
OS: Windows 10 (AV disabled, automagic updates disabled)
Toolpath Generator: Autodesk Fusion 360 (Mach3 mill post processor).

Put simply, loading certain toolpaths cause UCCNC to eat CPU cycles, leaving it unable to execute the toolpath - even in offline mode (or at least, each instruction takes about 15s to complete). It also causes huge amounts of lag in the GUI - for instance, when jogging an axis, the coordinates will take a couple of seconds to refresh.

I say certain - I've attached two toolpaths, the first (2001.tap) executes perfectly, where as the 2nd (2002.tap) causes the lag. I've also attached two screenshots to show the CPU usage.

2001.tap (419 lines) - This is mainly straight lines, and as you can see, there's a spike as it loads the toolpath and then it settles down to the normal CPU usage (30%)

2002.tap (093 lines) - This contains more arcs, by virtue of the geometry, but as you can see, the CPU usage is double (60%) after the file is loaded. It also takes far longer to load (and render the toolpath on screen), even though it a quarter of the size.
sigh - I can't seem to upload more than one attachment. I'll reply to myself...

Can anyone see if they have the same issue as I'm having with these files. Personally - as a developer - the fact the CPU is far higher even when the toolpath isn't being processed suggests that UCCNC is either bogged down in an iterative process (tolerances), or simply is struggling to render the curves on screen.

Of course, it could be that I've just been stupid with the toolpath generation or post processor options. I willing to be told so!

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 05 Feb 2016 14:31 von oobayly.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
05 Feb 2016 14:32 - 05 Feb 2016 14:36 #30213 von oobayly
oobayly antwortete auf UCCNC CPU usage
This is the file that is causing the lag. I'll see if I'm allowed to add more files

Dieser Beitrag enthält Anhänge.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 05 Feb 2016 14:36 von oobayly.

Mehr
05 Feb 2016 18:17 #30219 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC CPU usage
Are you using the latest version?

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
07 Feb 2016 01:17 #30271 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf UCCNC CPU usage
I had UCCNC to start using lots of cpu cycles, and it got slower and slower, and finally it wasn't able to drive the SC anymore so the SC stopped. It didn't even update the clock on the screen anymore. Restarting the UCCNC helped for that, so I assume it was some kind of memory leak or something. This happened after I had already run 36 different jobs on the UCCNC and those jobs had about 2 hours worth of work there.

I tried both of the files on UCCNC on demo mode (my SC machine is not here) and both worked fine, and there was no issues with them.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve

Mehr
07 Feb 2016 21:22 #30357 von oobayly
oobayly antwortete auf UCCNC CPU usage
@jvalencia - I've updated to the current version and the problem unfortunately persists.

@Kivinen - Many thanks for trying them out. I've discounted the idea that it's a rendering issue as the toolpaths worked fine in Demo mode. After several reboots the toolpath ran fine, but I've had problems since. A memory leak seems very possible, though the problem persists even after restarting UCCNC, so I wonder if it's a problem with the Windows drivers (they will stay resident, even if UCCNC is restarted).

I had also thought that maybe the problem was due to the machine being hibernated - I've disabled that, but unfortunately it didn't make much difference.

I'm away for a week, so there's not much I can do at the moment. Next step may be also to try a different machine.

Mehr
07 Feb 2016 22:17 #30361 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf UCCNC CPU usage
If you have problems only when using real UCCNC, make sure that you have disabled the feature that puts some USB devices to power saving mode. I.e. windows thinks that USB device is not in use, and shuts it down to save power.

I.e. make sure that root usb hub and all hubs on the path and the UC100 do not go to power saving mode.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve