file Frage WINPCnc and Z axis

Mehr
31 Mär 2016 23:36 #32688 von lukaszP
WINPCnc and Z axis wurde erstellt von lukaszP
Hello guys

I've try to cut some holes in mdf 12mm today and have a problem in Z axis. I use WINPC nc starter, cut2d desktop.
The deal is that I'm able to export (generic hpgl) and load my project into the winpc, adjust and start to milling however I decided to cut holes in 4 passes, and the sw is not willing to make it. X/Y looks fine but it's mill only ~1mm deep soo, can someone tell me where I make mistake?

thanks in advance
cheers

Stepcraft 2/300 / UCCNC+UC100 /Cut2D

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
01 Apr 2016 09:35 #32695 von Nonaga
Nonaga antwortete auf WINPCnc and Z axis
Hi Paszkiewicz,

you use WINPC nc starter.
Starter can do only one pass in z-axis.
You can use a second tool (same tool) and do next pass in z.

In full version there is no limit to z.

SC 840, WinPC-Vollversion, HF500
Grüße von der Wasserkuppe.

Mehr
03 Apr 2016 10:56 #32772 von lukaszP
lukaszP antwortete auf WINPCnc and Z axis
Thanks for the asnwer :)

I'm not sure if this is about passes or overall Z travel distance, I've made a experiment, in cut2d I've set start point as 11,5mm and deep to 1mm, sw warning me that I should have a sacrifice material, and in preview it looks like path is below material, however winpcnc still ignore the Z dimension and mill only ~1mm starting from 0.

At this point it seems that the sw is usable only for engraving, thats a pity that this is not communicated during shopping process.

I'm wonder how in your opinion winpcnc looks in compare to uccnc or mach3? it's 10€ more than uccnc

thanks in advance
cheers
Lukasz

Stepcraft 2/300 / UCCNC+UC100 /Cut2D