file Frage UCCNC reset logic issue

Mehr
25 Apr 2016 18:11 #33516 von Garth15
UCCNC reset logic issue wurde erstellt von Garth15
I got fed up with lugging my big laptop from study to garage every time I wanted to do some chipping so decided to instal UCCNC on an old netbook.

I followed the same installation process on the netbook as I used on my larger laptop (which was successful) but have an issue.

When I fire up UCCNC when not connected to the UC100 controller it starts up in demo mode as expected and the reset button flashes and beeps. When I press the reset button I get the message "The reset logic of the software is active!..........". Pressing OK removes the message but a little message in the text area states " Machine in reset".

When I repeat the above when connected to the Stepcraft, the little blue light on the controller lights up so it is communicating ok but I get exactly the same message I.e. "The reset logic of the software is active!". After pressing OK I can jog the machine and load a file but when I go to start the cycle, I again get the message about reset logic.

This does not happen with my larger laptop.

I have triple checked the profile on the netbook against my other laptop and they are exactly the same.

Any ideas what is going on and how I can fix it, please?

Thanks.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
25 Apr 2016 22:37 #33534 von Karoly
Karoly antwortete auf UCCNC reset logic issue
On the Diagnostics page check what causing the reset. It can be limit switches or e-stop or both.
In demo mode I think it is reverse than how it is on the Stepcraft machine controller, so you may need to invert some signals polarity in the settings when running in demo and when the machine controller is not connected to the UC100.

Mehr
27 Apr 2016 14:24 #33609 von Garth15
Garth15 antwortete auf UCCNC reset logic issue
Thanks for the prompt reply Karoly.

I have checked both the configuration of all inputs and active high/low settings a number of times. And the most aggravating things is that when checking the diagnostics page, none of the inputs or flags are indicating an issue - estop, limits, etc. All seems to be OK!

However, today after going to various screens and pressing the reset button a number of times, problem goes away! Strange because I did not change any parameters. Managed to connect live to Stepcraft 420 and after fiddling about managed to get it to work by doing the same I.e. Pressing reset a number of times and jumping between various screens (no parameters changed).

Noticed that response time between pressing a nudge on the netbook and the machine responding was veery slow. Thought it might be an issue with the version of software so downloaded the latest version ( was on 1.0034). Unfortunately the new version uses OpenGL 1.3 and my netbook does not support that version and cannot be upgraded (for reference, netbook is a Samsung N110).

I would rather use the latest version of the software since it is supported so upshot is that I will not be able to use it on my netbook anyway!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and apologies for setting hares running without doing further investigation!

Mehr
03 Mai 2016 15:26 #33844 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf UCCNC reset logic issue
could be slow response... 1.0034 runs on flash and runs slow on slow computers. open GL version is a lot faster.
suggest getting a refurbished laptop off ebay.. .we have used lenovo thinkpads - 200euro - i5, 8GB of ram.. W7 and they have been perfect for running the CNC's