file Frage stepcraft 300 win10

Mehr
08 Mai 2016 21:35 #34008 von riverotter
stepcraft 300 win10 wurde erstellt von riverotter
is there any possible way to make the stepcraft work with win10. if not i guess ill have to go buy a new comp.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
08 Mai 2016 22:39 #34015 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf stepcraft 300 win10
Why not?

Which Software do you mean? If I remember right there is (was?) a problem with UCCNC, which should be fixed in a newer version.
WinPC NC or EstlCAM work fine, don't they? Don't know if Mach runs.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
08 Mai 2016 22:57 #34016 von bvs
bvs antwortete auf stepcraft 300 win10
The only posible Problem could be the missing parallel port.

There are USB interfaces like uc100

So where is the Problem?

Mehr
09 Mai 2016 03:29 #34018 von riverotter
riverotter antwortete auf stepcraft 300 win10
im completely new and dumb on cnc all together so that may be the problem lol. but win 10 wont recognize the usb 100 when i hook it up. i got it on a old laptop now, but i can not get any axis to move from uccnc. i also cant get uccnc to find my license code. so its running in demo mode. that could be the problem to idk.

on the parallel adapter there is two lights a green one and a blue one. the blue one never comes on.

Mehr
09 Mai 2016 12:29 - 09 Mai 2016 12:34 #34031 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf stepcraft 300 win10
if it runs in demo mode then it has not found the drivers.

the UCCNC will tell you specifically if it cannot find the license key.

you need a blue light on the module when you open the UCCNC

if you have W10 then you may have to enable the .net framework (but you have the UCCNC running so this is no the issue).
manual here
you have to enable .Net 3.5 compatibility option in windows

if the .net framework is not configured then the UCCNC won't run... but you have a different issue..

the drivers.

see drivers video

another thing that can overcome this if you are having drivers issues is to run the mach3 autoinstaller

available here
Letzte Änderung: 09 Mai 2016 12:34 von Rory.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: riverotter

Mehr
10 Mai 2016 06:49 #34058 von riverotter
I got that part fixed. it jogs smoothly on all axis. now when I try the test cut from uccnc it says soft limits reached. same thing on vetric photo carves test cut. how do I fix that?
can't find much info online.

Mehr
10 Mai 2016 07:55 - 10 Mai 2016 07:58 #34059 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf stepcraft 300 win10
There is a checker box on one of the configuration pages. You have to UNCHECK (disable) the soft-limits.
It is written on page 17 of your manual MANUAL

If you want to use the soft-limits, you have to set the soft-limits relativly to your work-piece coordinates and then activate the soft-limits. I do not use the soft-limits. It is not needed but just a piece of safety.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Letzte Änderung: 10 Mai 2016 07:58 von DocBrown.

Mehr
10 Mai 2016 17:24 #34067 von riverotter
ty very much. got it going. now to figure out how to design and cut my product. trying fusion 360 out. may give vectric a try idk yet any suggestions for a newbie?

Mehr
10 Mai 2016 19:10 - 10 Mai 2016 19:11 #34068 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf stepcraft 300 win10
I started December last year therefore I'm also a newbie...but I recommend QCAD

QCAD

You can download a free version which works 100% but after I think 15min some features will be disabled.
The full version costs 33Euro which isn't too much. I have bought the full version and a seminar-handbook as a bundle: QCAD-order

I used the handbook for 3-4 evenings following all examples given there. You will need only one or two hand full of features for most projects...and your experience will grow with every project.

QCAd produces e.g. DXF files which can be handled e.g. by ESTLCAM as a good and very easy to handle CAM SW: ESTLCAM The only problem at the moment is, that it's written in German and translation into English and other languages is ongoing. You can ask Christian, when a English version is available: Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein!

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Letzte Änderung: 10 Mai 2016 19:11 von DocBrown.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: ThomasDbg, riverotter

Mehr
11 Mai 2016 02:38 #34074 von riverotter
anyone want to take a pic of what I'm wanting and turn it into something I can cut out lol. ill pay. I need to be cutting product to afford to continue learning lol.

Mehr
11 Mai 2016 09:03 #34075 von Worldhusky
Worldhusky antwortete auf stepcraft 300 win10

riverotter schrieb: anyone want to take a pic of what I'm wanting and turn it into something I can cut out lol. ill pay. I need to be cutting product to afford to continue learning lol.

I'm also familiar with QCAD - show me a pic of your desired project and maybe I get you started with a CAD drawing ...

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! ;)

Mehr
17 Mai 2016 01:22 #34199 von riverotter
basicly something like a real trout. minus the bottom fun that sticks out the side. and would like the hill plates to be visable in the design kind of like the second pic I attached.

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Mehr
17 Mai 2016 08:56 #34203 von Worldhusky
Worldhusky antwortete auf stepcraft 300 win10
I would recommend to design/modify something like that with a 3D Program. QCAD works just as a 2D Program.

What's about a little internet research? No need to reinvent the wheel again ... ;)

"Search link"

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! ;)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: ThomasDbg

Mehr
17 Mai 2016 20:36 #34221 von riverotter
my attempts at design one in fusion 360 have failed at best lol. I will look into qcad maybe I can get the hang of it. hard to learn something like that on limited time. by the time I get a chance to attempt it again I have done forgot all the controls of fusion and back to google I go.