question-circle Frage UCCNC fails to load after memory upgrade.

Mehr
14 Jul 2016 13:17 #35784 von peterg1000
UCCNC fails to load after memory upgrade. wurde erstellt von peterg1000
I've been trying to improve network speed on my CNC Windows XP computer by doubling the installed memory from 1Gb to 2Gb. All the originally installed programmes worked fine after the memory upgrade except for UCCNC (1.1026 - that was due to be upgraded as well to 1.2xxx).

UCCNC failed to load after the upgrade, so I went through uninstalling UCCNC and re-installing - no joy. Then uninstalled and reinstalled both UCCNC and .net framework 2.0 (in the recommended order) - still no joy!! Now getting worried, so re-ran the original XP Professional disk to "repair" the OS and repeated the un and reinstall again - still no luck!!

Wondering if I should revert back to 1Gb of memory and hope that it all springs to life again. I wanted to get back to a working configuration before attempting the upgrade to Rev 1.2xxxx.

Any one had a similar experience or have some ideas as to what might be amiss - on the UC100 the yellow light is on, so I am assuming the USB drivers are OK - no blue light, but that is to be expected given the failure to load UCCNC.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
15 Jul 2016 00:17 #35796 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf UCCNC fails to load after memory upgrade.
Update on current situation :-

Reverted to original memory (it was 780Mb not 1Gb as I said previously). Still UCCNC will not load.

I downloaded a fresh copy of UCCNC 1.1027 and repeated the uninstall and reinstall of UCCNC and .net framework.

If I run UCCNC without the USB connection, the demo menu appears, but if I select UC100 the menu disappears and after some disc activity the task bar appears. After that nothing happens at all.

With USB plugged in there is a short period of disc activity then nothing again.

Clearly something important is missing - and I have no idea what!! HELP!!

UC100 + UCCNC

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
15 Jul 2016 08:03 #35797 von DocBrown
Hi Peter,

only idea I have is at this moment is to start UCCNC with UC100 and then deactivating and deinstalling the UC100 driver from the system. It's listed in the USB drivers of the systems menu. After that remove the UC100 and deinstall UCCNC anf framework2.0.
Shut off the PC for some minutes and install the RAM. After that start the install process from "0". I would use the latest version from UCCNC 1.2021.
During the install process the PC should be connected to the web. From time to time the UC100 does an FW upgrade and I don't now if the FW is taken from the web or the latest UCCNC paket.

So good luck!

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: peterg1000

Mehr
15 Jul 2016 09:39 #35802 von peterg1000
Hi Hartmut,

Thanks for those thoughts - I agree that a thorough clean out of any residual s/w is a logical next step to take, I'll try that this morning.

Not too sure about Rev 1.2xxx at the moment - does this require an internet connection to install?

One of the reasons for installing extra memory was in an attempt to cure a problem whereby the CNC laptop almost paralyses my home network when connected. Perhaps the answer to that might be to connect via cable - rather not go there at the moment as the problems are in danger of escalating.

I update this thread when I have worked through your suggestion - thanks again - fingers crossed!!

regards

Peter.

UC100 + UCCNC

Mehr
15 Jul 2016 12:00 - 15 Jul 2016 12:01 #35806 von DocBrown
Peter,

the main thing is to remove the USB driver of the UC100. I know also, that from time to time the UC100 suddenly got an FW Update but I don't know where the SW comes from. There is no "GO/NOGO Button" it suddenly happens for some seconds. And I know it happens when I changed to R1.2020. Also I don't know what are the changes...no release-note...

Just for your info..I use WIN7 on 2 different PC / LapTop and both UCCNC version in parllel (1.1027 and 1.2020)

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Letzte Änderung: 15 Jul 2016 12:01 von DocBrown.

Mehr
15 Jul 2016 12:06 #35807 von peterg1000
Hi again Hartmut,

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!

At last I'm in business again.

I uninstalled everything again - UCCNC, .net framework, UC100 driver and ActiveX 18 Flash Player. The flash player was the culprit I think - in retrospect corruption of this fits all the symptoms. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Anyway I reinstalled the 2Gb menory, .net framework, UCCNC (including ActiveX 18 and UC100 drivers) and much to my great relief UCCNC loaded correctly and much faster. Had a brief moment of panic until I realised that the default profile had loaded - corrected this and I'm back with a working machine again, albeit still on Rev 1.1027.

Thanks for the suggestions - much appreciated. Only have the network speed to solve now!!

Regards,

Peter.

UC100 + UCCNC

Mehr
15 Jul 2016 12:19 #35808 von DocBrown
:) :cheer: This will be a great milling weekend for you !!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Mehr
15 Jul 2016 13:11 #35813 von peterg1000
Hartmut - it sure will be, I'm about to start on a Brian Law wooden clock design.

I've stuck with Win XP - nice and simple, minimum of bells and whistles to go wrong and the CNC laptop boots in well under 30 seconds. I normally keep the internet well away from this machine on the premise that it can't be distracted whilst operating UCCNC.

If I need to copy designs from my main laptop I was hoping to temporarily connect to my home network rather than use a USB stick - I might continue with that now as I suspect that an attempt must have been made to update ActivX 18 whilst I was trying to cure the speed problem on the network.

In the early days I had a number of s/w freezes, so I went through the machine and ruthlessly deactivated all that I could without affecting the OS or UCCNC - and I haven't had a freeze since.

Regards,

Peter.

UC100 + UCCNC

Mehr
15 Jul 2016 13:35 #35816 von DocBrown
I'm using a PC WIN7 with QCAD and ESTLCAM for design. After finishing I transfer the files to a WIN7 Notebook (old refurbished office HP). I added also a RAM module and now I have 4GB. It was important to me to keep WIN7 and this Laptop was of of the remaining ones fresh delivered from refurbishing company incl. WIN7.

When milling I disconnect the Notebook and move it to my machine in the cellar with no internet connecting. So no disturbance, updating or anything which will suddenly start having impact on UCCNC or the milling process.
On this PC I've also QCAD and ESLCAM in the same version than on ma design PC since sometimes I need to correct the design in the last minute like turning the object by 90° or changing some parameters in the CAM.

As an alternative I use an Arduino and the ESTLCAM "CAM-part". UC100 and the Arduino interface are connected via a parallel printer-switch to the parallel interface of the stepcraft. In some cases the ESLCAM/Arduino is a better alternative than UCCNC (surface - scanning for PCB milling and other things:

ESTLCAM

Unfortunately ESLCAM only has a German web-page but some YOUTUBE instructions are in English and also the SW can be switched to english or meanwhile some other languages. YOu can download it for free, then you'll have a CAM SW. If you add a Arduino UNO it can be configured also as a CNC controller compatible directly to the Spepcraft parallel interface.
If you don't like to pay for this SW it later on will start with some pausing before starting but you can evaluate every feature...

Have fun, Peter! :woohoo:

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11