file Frage Vcarve toolthpath save format

Mehr
24 Jul 2016 00:22 #36090 von EJ
Vcarve toolthpath save format wurde erstellt von EJ
I'm brand new at this-so the answer may be obvious.

I purchased VCarve Desktop, made a project, saved it to the .nc format that popped up--then ran the file in the UCCNC software, only to watch: 1.)Spindle not start, 2.) Spindle did not except to drop the Z-axis (closed program, manually turned on spindle). I watched as the software showed the yellow dot moving all over the place but the spindle just sat in its 1/8 inch hole.

I went back to try to re-save, only to find that the Stepcraft is the only machine NOT LISTED in the software, although it is sold by Stepcraft.

Likely something I missed, but I can't find this info anywhere. I ran the Stepcraft logo project without any issues so I know the machine works...

What is the proper format for saving a file in VCarve Desktop to be imported to run in the UCCNC software? And is there a step that I missed regarding how to have the spindle turn on as part of the project?

Thank you!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
24 Jul 2016 09:24 - 24 Jul 2016 09:32 #36092 von mikath
mikath antwortete auf Vcarve toolthpath save format
I have VCarve Pro but it is the same post processor as VCarve Desktop.
You should use Mach 2/3 Arcs (mm) or Mach 2/3 Arcs (inch) if you drawing in inches.

Hope this will help you.

/Mika

Stepcraft M.1000 + HIWIN Ball Screw + Semi-Closed Loop System + MM-1000 DI + Automatic Tool Changer + 2 Rows Tool Magazine Pneumatic Lifting + Engraving Laser DL445 + 4th Axis + Aluminum T-slot table + 3D Touch Probe + UCR201 + UCCNC + VCarve Pro + Cut3D + CorelDraw 2018 + Autodesk Inventor

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 24 Jul 2016 09:32 von mikath. Grund: Correct spelling

Mehr
25 Jul 2016 02:31 #36114 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf Vcarve toolthpath save format
If using default UCCNC configuration you always use Mach 2/3 Arcs (mm), regardless of the units you use in VCarve to draw the parts. Vcarve can use either mm or inches, and you can even swap them in the fly. When you save the G-code for the UCCNC the units needs to match the machine, i.e., the profile you use in UCCNC.

By default the UCCNC stepcraft profile is so that one unit in UCCNC and in G-code is one mm in real world. I.e., the steps per unit is configured to 200 or 133 (depends whether you have stepcraft 1 or 2) which means that when UCCNC wants to move one unit, it will issue 200 or 133 steps, and for stepcraft that will move the machine by 1 mm. The g-code itself is actually unitless, i.e., it does not specify whether it is inches or mm, it is just units.

So to be clear do not use "Mach 2/3 Arcs (inch)", always use "Mach 2/3 Arcs (mm)" (or the ATC version) regardless what units you use in VCarve.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve

Mehr
25 Jul 2016 13:18 #36121 von mikath
mikath antwortete auf Vcarve toolthpath save format

/Mika

Stepcraft M.1000 + HIWIN Ball Screw + Semi-Closed Loop System + MM-1000 DI + Automatic Tool Changer + 2 Rows Tool Magazine Pneumatic Lifting + Engraving Laser DL445 + 4th Axis + Aluminum T-slot table + 3D Touch Probe + UCR201 + UCCNC + VCarve Pro + Cut3D + CorelDraw 2018 + Autodesk Inventor